Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Zaroff

Zaroff Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I just got a TF810c, and overall I'm super satisfied with the machine, it's everything I wanted to be. However, I have a weird sleep problem, and while I know there was a lot of discussion about that since the machine's release, I haven't seen exactly that problem debated (so far as I know).

I have no problem letting the thing sleep all night and it'll wake up with a snap in half a second as soon as I open it up in the morning (I always have the dock attached, more or less), except if I let it plugged in at night to charge it up. In that case, I'll have to push the power button longer for a cold boot. It seems that when plugged in, after a moment it just shuts itself off completely.

Has anybody encountered that, and more to the point, have a solution to this?...

Thanks

3. schwarz86

Did I get it right that your tablet shuts down automatically when you charge it overnight without the docking station on it?

4. Zaroff

Zaroff Pen Pal - Newbie

No, it shuts down (apparently) automatically when I charge it overnight with the dock on.
    Without charging, it goes to sleep normally for however long I please, also with the dock on. Last night is an example of that; I woke it up this morning in an eye-blink with only a 1% charge loss. So I guess something isn't right somewhere either in the settings and/or BIOS regarding sleeping when plugged in.

5. NewYorker545

NewYorker545 Pen Pal - Newbie

I updated to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center yesterday. So far so good!

Background: I purchased my TF810C back in January 2013. I benefited from this forum's discussions about getting updated drivers from non-Asus sources. I couldn't get LiveUpdate to work back then. To make a long story short, I eventually got LiveUpdate to work, installed V. 7.0 Asus drivers, patched with Window Updates along the way. I encountered some display ghosting problems, but they went away when I updated to the V7.0 drivers. Almost everything worked and was stable with the exception of sleep mode. If left unplugged overnight, I needed to hold the on button in to reset and then hold down again to turn on. I could not rely on the TF810C to wake from sleep mode except for a short period of time (an hour or so).

After updating to Windows 8.1, I left my tablet (no keyboard dock attached) in sleep mode overnight and was successful in waking up today and with minimal battery use in sleep mode. I don't know why my update went smoothly. Maybe because I had kept up with Windows updates after updating Asus drivers to V7.0? This week, I'll try with the keyboard dock attached and see if any functionality has changed with the 8.1 update.

6. schwarz86

I can tell you that it takes a few seconds for my tablet to return from sleep mode after powering up. But there is no shutdown at all. Maybe you are to impatient :)
    If that's not the problem maybe you can figure out the entries at the shut down in the event viewer. Maybe it is somehow possible to solve your problem by that.

7. Zaroff

Zaroff Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not being patient or not. When the power button is pressed, and there's a full boot sequence, obviously the thing shut down at one point ;)
    I'll try and take a look in the event viewer indeed. Thanks.

8. WellThen

WellThen Pen Pal - Newbie

Wondering if NewYorker545 or anyone else is having ongoing success with Windows 8 .1?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

9. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

With the latest batch of driver updates, Windows 8.1 has been solid as a rock for me. Safe to update now if you haven't already.

10. WellThen

WellThen Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Breed, that's what I wanted to hear. Just clicked the Update button now!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk