Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rokkerstu

rokkerstu Pen Pal - Newbie

Well mines become pretty slow, but everything else works perfectly. With reinstalling OS do you mean from clean USB image or just the internal backup partition?

2. donfed

donfed Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anyone here looking to sell their tablet? Or know anyone with a windows 8 tablet that has a pen that might be willing to sell theirs? My tablet screen just cracked and I am really stressing out since I use it to take notes in all my classes in college. I also don't know how soon the new generation of windows 8 tablets will be arriving, I remember I couldn't get mine until December last year. Anyone know how long it might be before the next generation comes out?

3. holsen

holsen Pen Pal - Newbie

Once all the updates got done I fell in love with my VIVO Tab. It's thin, it's light, it has a stunning screen (yes 1366 x 768 is plenty for a screen this size - any higher and text is way to small) It runs all day on a charge and the Wacom Digitizer is perfect. But the ATOM 2760 is a bit weak. I've made dure with it, but there are times when I have to pull out my old laptop with 2nd Gen i5 to handle my workload. Several of us on the various forums would love to have a VIVO TAB replacement with the same form factor of the current TF810 but with a BAY TRAIL chip. That new chip has plenty of computing power for just about everything except Video editing and heavy duty graphics processing - but it certainly has enough juice for multi tasking. We need something more powerful and the problem with all the current offerings is they are 10.1 or 10.6 screens which are just a touch too small. Those machines available with 11.6 screens have dropped the Wacom Digitizer. I've been thinking of switching to a Surface Pro but really I really don't need all the power of Haswell. I and several others just want another VIVO Tab with dock with thin form, Digitizer and 11.6 screen. That would be the perfect all day computing - production / consumption companion. Please pass to your product development team. The New Transformer T100 doesn't cut it for us with a 10.1 screen and no Wacom. You need one low price point and one higher end model - A new refreshed TF810 is what the market wants. Please consider building it ASUS

nnthemperor and AirZone like this.
  4. AirZone

AirZone Pen Pal - Newbie

holsen, you really nailed it. I do feel that the tablet lacks in the ability in multi tasking. Its great for university and it really works well with onenote 2013. We just need baytrail, 4gb of ram and better emmc (to slow for my taste). I do hope that win 8.1 will make it a bit faster. Oh and better PDF support in metro apps (very blurry unlike the desktop apps).

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

5. draistlin

draistlin Pen Pal - Newbie

Been looking at the posts on these this thread and it looks like i'm not the only one with the keyboard battery issue. Had 71% on friday night and haven't had a chance to use it this weekend. Take it out today and try to turn it on and nothing, out of power. Am i suppose to turn off it off, or put it on sleep mode when i'm finish with it? I've just been closing the lid and expecting it to automatically go into sleep mode, is that the case, or do i have to change the power settings. Other than that, this is a great tablet.

6. joshshep

joshshep Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there.

I'm in the market for a tablet/laptop and this one was one of my choices. As you people have experienced it I was wondering a few things. I need it for internet browsing/youtube/itunes and the occasional facebook/windows game. How does this laptop preform when doing these? itunes is a big one for me as it'll need to run smoothly without any problems. I also have one other big question which will determine if I get it or not and that is, can you plug in an external dvd player via USB and run movies from disk on this? I have a lot of DVDs that I watch and it's essential.

Kind Regards,
    Josh

7. holsen

holsen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Josh
    You'll love the Vivo Tab - I love mine. I'm contantly amazed at how good the Clover Trail Z2760 is. That's partly because I expected to be disappointed by it and and it had completely exceeded my expectations.

Its a perfect machine for surfing email, You Tube etc and it really only begins to lag when I have too many browser tabs open.

I also Listen to music with iTunes but I don't try to rip CDs with it. I have another machine I keep the library and then play on the 810C with Match. I have also played my collection (290 GB of ALAC) on a Portable harddrive without issue.

I cant speak to how good it is with a USB DVD but can't imagine a problem with it as long as you have other windows closed.

I just bought a Surface Pro 2 and while I'm impressed with it, in many ways I prefer the lower spec'd VivoTab.

8. joshshep

joshshep Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Holsen. I've been and played around with the W510 in-store which has the same processor and I thought it was pretty smooth and great. I couldn't really tell about internet browsing or itunes because the shops WiFi was so slow unfortunately.

How many tabs are we talking? I don't intend to open heaps of tabs, probably between 1-5?

Yeah the main reason for itunes is so I could plug my iPod into the tablet and sync songs onto it etc, does that work?

Yeah the Surface Pro 2 is one amazing machine from what I've seen, it's pricey though!

9. holsen

holsen Pen Pal - Newbie

The number tabs depends on the page content and how many scripts are running on the pages. Sometimes I can have 7 tabs open and its fine, other times 4 will tax the system.

As for itunes, yest you'll be able to sync an iPod, but it will likely be slower - but I haven't tried it myself.

10. 810ccc

810ccc Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi I am wanting to connect via Ethernet on my 810 is it possible with a usb to Ethernet connection and if so how? Thanks for your time.