Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rokkerstu

rokkerstu Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any way to configure the touchpad without changing drivers to synaptics?
    I want to remove the touch to click-function

2. donfed

donfed Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone here have any experience with ASUS support for a cracked screen on this tablet. I recently had to go through airport security and had my tablet in my checked bag and when I got to my destination the screen had cracked. Do you think this will be covered under the 1 year warrenty? If not how much might it cost to replace? How long does a repair take for people in the US? Any information would be great!

3. DavidC_UK

DavidC_UK Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just got my Vivotab and it's been a rocky couple of days but I think it's alright now. I made the mistake of installing 2.03 drivers before all of the windows 8 updates were complete. That meant BSOD every 5 minutes and me not trusting that I could do a Windows restore without a BSOD bricking the TF810 mid process.

Thankfully I eventually got it to restore to factory state, run all the windows updates and then install 2.03 drivers. As a result, 48 hours on I'm actually really happy with the device but just have one question.

Is the display supposed to rotate when you turn the screen? I'm sure on the Youtube reviews of the Tf810C I watched the review samples did it, but mine doesn't. Is there an option I need to tick?

4. tgwallbank

tgwallbank Pen Pal - Newbie

Swipe in from the right for the charms bar, tap settings and tap the screen icon (which adjusts brightness). At the top of the slider control there is a little picture of a screen, Tap that to lock the rotation or tap again to unlock rotation. If its locked there a little padlock appears on the picture. Hope that helps.

5. DavidC_UK

Hi, on mine there is no rotation switch at the top of the brightness slider. The brightness slider is JUST the slider on mine.

6. tgwallbank

tgwallbank Pen Pal - Newbie

Also, on mine, l notice if I right click/press on Desktop, then tap Screen Resolution on the dialogue box that comes up, half way down that page is a tick box that says to enable screen rotation. I wonder if you have that box?

7. DavidC_UK

That option is missing on mine. I can manually select landscape, portrait, landscape flipped and portrait flipped. There's no auto option.

Also, even though since installing the latest drives my volume icon no longer has a cross through it, I still have absolutely no sound. The volume slider is moving as if it's all working but I hear I sound whatsoever. I installed the atom drivers from hp last night as recommended on another thread but that's made no difference.

When I first got the vivotab the sound icon said 'disabled', then I installed 2.03 drivers and the icon worked but there was no actual sound. Now with the hp driver it's still the same.

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Maybe you need to reset the device and reinstall windows. Do you have the Asus liveupdate? You can try running it. Though that program has been useless for me.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

9. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

David,

It sounds like you're having the exact same issues I had with mine:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/57398-tf810c-hardware-issues.html

I raised a support call with ASUS and they RMA'd it. Very pleased with the service. Had the tablet back within 5 working days. Though if you've just bought yours, I'd imagine you can just exchange it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  10. ced_rock93

ced_rock93 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone ! :hi2:

I'm having the same as described here but since the last answer is 2 months old I guess it's better to post here for an answer.

touchscreen bug.jpg

• 3 persistent touch points. They aren't having any action on whatever is on the screen and if I touch the screen with my finger it's not working properly
      o) in desktop mode, i can only touch the screen to pop up the calendar by touching the bottom right corner, and sometimes to scroll. When I touch the "minimize / maximize / Close" buttons on the top right corner, it just acts as if I was hovering the mouse on them. The tactil keyboard is working well but I need to use the mouse or stylus to open / close it.
      o) in metro mode, if I slide my finger on the screen it just keeps zooming in or out
    • stylus is working normally
    • the only way to make those ghost touch points stop is to disable the touchscreen :( using this

Thanks for any help ! :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.