Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safdafaff

safdafaff Pen Pal - Newbie

Germany:

I had to send my vivo back because of a broken speaker and a single key without a back stroke and after a month of waiting I got response that they cannot repair it because there is shortly no keyboard dock available. So they offered me to buy it back.
    A week later, Amazon-Germany got a good stock of new tablets with keyboard dock. Today, I got my new one and - surprise: Broken touchpad button without back stroke :D

My third one will come Wednesday...

By the way: My first one had a serial number beginning with CCOKA and the second one was beginning with D30KAS. With both keyboard docks I could feel electricity while loading and stroking over the metal surface.

2. quarintus

quarintus Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone noticed? Since the latest updates from Asus I do not get any windows update anymore! Now the new windows RT stock apps are out, my laptop gets those updates, but my tablet doesn't.

I checked by uninstalling some of my windows updates. After a restart I went searching for new updates. And it didn't come up with any (only a security update did came for my device...)

So my question is: do the latest updates from asus prevent windows updates?

3. Cthugha

Cthugha Pen Pal - Newbie

Since the last Asus update my TF810C has worked really well and I'm very happy with it. I just have two remaining issues, both related to power management...
    1. After a few hours in sleep mode (screen turned off either manually or after timeout) the tablet is often completely off when I pick it up. I know this because it's booting up after I turn it on, instead of just waking up.
    2. Sometimes the battery is completely drained while in sleep mode (even if it was at >50% the night before).
    Any ideas? I have all power management settings at default now. All Asus and Windows updates installed, no custom drivers, very few desktop apps installed.

I love the new mail, calendar & people apps update :) The need to jump into desktop mode is becoming quite rare. The "Windows Blue" update will take it even further :)

4. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

These two issues are happening to me too. I thought it was due to I left open a program called Synergy, but if it happens to you too then it must be driver related.

5. maxi

maxi Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought this tablet two days ago and I'm somehow in the middle between satisfaction and disappointment. I still own a Samsung Slate PC 700T1A, but I was looking for something slimmer and with a usable keyboard dock.
    So far I'm very happy with the form-factor which is much better than the slate pc (thinner). The Performance is of course not the same but as I use it mainly for notetaking and MS Office application its ok to me. The battery life is outstanding.

The dissapointing side is the build quality. Some of the keys of the keyboard do not have a "backstroke damper" which is very annoying during typing (noise). An other thing I learn't with this tablet are the irregularities at the border of the screen when using the digitizer. As said I'm a heavy Onenote (2010) user. I take notes especially by inking but also by Keyboard. I heard a lot of problems at the screen border of tablets with digitizers but it never really attract my attention with the slate but with this device it is really annoying.

I have attached sreen shots which I have tried to show my issue. One shows the irregularities at the screen borders. I have used a ruler to draw these lines. The other one Shows shaky letters - this I'm especially facing with OneNote but not with the Windows Journal.

Really appreciate if somebody could report on the behavior of its device in a comparable way

Screenshot (2).jpg
    Screenshot (3).jpg y

Attached Files:

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm feeling the same frustrations on mine. It's even worst when inking in portrait mode. Almost as if you only have to write in the middle of the screen . Any inking within 1cm or even 2cm from the edge and its almost usable.

7. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

So far I have no major complaints about inking. I've been using the freeware OneNote version for draft calculations, and work. I also use the built in reader to grade papers (this is wonderful, although could have been better if I could use a red color).

The keyboard dock is somewhat capricious though. Sometimes it will suddenly jump up and down or between text fields, for no apparent reason. I realized that the keys may press nearby domes, so holding the right shift in a particular angle may cause the up arrow to press. Not a desirable result in most cases (and there are other similar issues from time to time).

But I really have to say that all in all I am very satisfied with this tablet. Before I got it I was hoping it would last the majority of my Ph.D. (the next four-five years), but when the problems started to occur I thought I might replace it with a 2nd generation atom when those come out. But after putting some actual work into the tablet, I can honestly say that I'll do my best to keep it around at least until 3rd generation atoms come out in two or three years. Although I'm having my doubts whether or not the keyboard will hold that long.

8. snowcrash101

snowcrash101 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, can anyone recommend where to purchase the TF810c in the UK, with the keyboard dock?

thanks

9. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Amazon? 10char

10. maxi

maxi Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you also have these strange "snake lines" while inking in Onenote at the beginning of a character ? I found that it is somehow related to the pressure applied during inking. If pressure is low the "snake effect" gets worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.