Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

1. inzimam

inzimam Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup, I bought the last two from PC world it looks like!

Great drive, I have just posted a review on amazon, it should be live soon.

Asus updates worked first time for me thankfully. No other issue with the device so far other than one bluescreen after a night in sleep mode. I have not put it into sleep mode since so I will have to keep an eye on this.

I do agree that when I do close the lid and return to the computer a little while after (I don't know if this goes into sleep or standby?) it can sometimes take a little while to login.

2. RussT0

RussT0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi PDAJah,

Yes I got the cable you mention above, I had already eyeballed it and had it on order it arrived yesterday and works a treat. Thanks for your help

3. GWTablet

GWTablet Pen Pal - Newbie

First of all many many thanks for all the people contributing to this forum getting the value I was expecting out of my Asus.

I have been a long time tablet PC user (especially OneNote and Mindmanager) for business purposes. I have tried the iPad as well and although a super device I still had to carry around a laptop. In theory this Asus is the ideal combination of both worlds. I wish the experience wouldn't be that rocky.

Most of the issues are solved or not that disturbing anymore. However I have a nagging issue which prevents me from giving presentations on an external screen. At first the external monitor on both my office at home and at work was working fine, but since the recent windows updates it doesn't work anymore. It recognizes that there is a monitor, but the monitor turns in sleep mode immediately. I was hoping that the recent driver update from Asus would resolve that, but unfortunately no success yet. Anybody the same experience or a resolution?

4. PDAJah

PDAJah Pen Pal - Newbie

Well PC World no longer list the TF810 - has it been discontinued in the UK?

5. inzimam

inzimam Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting, not sure. Now there is no where in the UK where you can get one!

6. Alduin The World-Eater

Alduin The World-Eater Pen Pal - Newbie

Supplier 'Conrad' was pretty much the only place you could get one in Germany. They had it for less than a week, now it's sold out again. Weird.

7. inzimam

inzimam Pen Pal - Newbie

I need to get hold of one more for deleivery in the UK. Anyone have any sites?

8. nightworking

nightworking Pen Pal - Newbie

@GWTablet: I've been using a secondary screen as extended desktop for some weeks now. No problems so far. Clone desktop works just fine as well.

9. inzimam

inzimam Pen Pal - Newbie

What was the adaptor you bought to do this?

10. PDAJah

PDAJah Pen Pal - Newbie