Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alduin The World-Eater

Alduin The World-Eater Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't really get that either. Whereas the Vivo RT is nothing special, the Vivo Tab is pretty much perfect, hardware-wise. As far as I can see, there is no x86 device with even more battery life.

And if you want to buy it, you still have a hard time finding a shop that has it on stock. Weird.

2. swagner53

swagner53 Pen Pal - Newbie

3. inzimam

inzimam Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just ordered mine from PC World in the UK for £699 for delivery on Thursday.

I'm really hoping it's not discontinued as it would be a real bummer. It might just be like the Transformer product last year which was delayed for so long but finally started hitting shops later in the year. I think they've been concentrating on their PadFone/ FonePad models.

It's a shame, but hopefully I get a product with no problems as getting a replacement will be really difficult.

4. Rooster19

Rooster19 Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if this is still worth buying if discontinued....might have to go Samsung route..

5. mm289

mm289 Tablet Business User

If this does get discontinued it will be the first and last Asus I buy! I had just got it working nice and was falling for it to hear it will be discontinued and you know what that means for driver support etc :(

Took long enough to get it going in the first place, if it isn't on the SKU then I reckon there is little hope of much more support for it - very, very bad form from Asus, not a manufacturer I would trust with my money again I'm afraid.

Bit like all those who bought those HP pads before they discontinued Web OS, at least they got them cheap!

Grumpy MM

6. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

I find it really hard to believe the dock is discontinued. Maybe the rep was thinking of the Asus TF600 (Win RT transformer style tablet) and its dock which are going the way of the angels?

7. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I was thinking the same, though it could be that they've just stopped selling the dock separately and are only bundling it with the tablet from now on.

8. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a clarification, tf810c didnt get a one off global release. Some places got stock ahead of other places, and for the longest time there was no official release. Asus release rt, then marketed the smart. Tf810c didnt get a release. It sort of just happened in the january and febuary world wide. So if you had the tf810c before 2013 chances are thats the unofficially re,ease product, and obviously now that it was release somewhat, asus finally did a driver update. Which for me, having it only for two weeks after it was ok'ed to sell here, is good timing. So its really just a global stuff up by asus and this tablet.

9. Klingon73

Klingon73 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!
    Im new in this forum, but i've b reading posts many days. I want buy this tablet Asus TF810C. Waiting for weeks, The last information about this tablet in Spain is starts sell in March, when finish the MWC in Barcelona. So I dont think this tablet is going to be discontinued, in March start sells in Spain and France. Tablet+docking.

ASUS Ibérica Hola Carlos, el ASUS VivoTab estará disponible a partir de marzo. Un saludo!

Hope that's true. 2nd stock is coming.

10. Klingon73

Klingon73 Pen Pal - Newbie

One more thing.
    The last from Asus is the Padfone "3" Infinity, old padfone 2 a mix mobile and android tablet. Nothing new in tablets PC.
    And who buy VivoTabRT if u can buy VivoTabSmart Win8 or (Samsung, Dell..........with Win8). Not me, all RT and Windows RT sure is going to be discontinued.
    I think that is the way of future, win8 tablets Pc. Portable Atoms or Pro use Icore, 2 choices. 3rd choice is a cheap Android tablet for my 4 years old son : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.