Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Tell me if now the huge drainage stops, also If you want, try to install updates from other vendors, but make a restore point first just in case; my tablet works substantially better for me after the update.

2. beachman

beachman Pen Pal - Newbie

As I have posted earlier:

I got a solution that works for me. Go to Services and disable ASUSACPI service and restart tablet. You will lose the functionality for some of the hotkeys on the dock, but cpu usage on System and the battery draining will stop.

The hotkeys you lose is:
    Hope this solution works for you to (And others)!? I have never had the high System CPU utilization, since I disabled the service.

3. ComaR

ComaR Pen Pal - Newbie

After restarting the tablet and leaving the tablet in sleep for 10 hours battery lost only 2%.

Tonitti: You mean from Lenovo? I instal all updatest that are avalible. And 3 days ago I instaled new Intel SoC driver from HP website.

beachman: Thank you. I'll see, if the usage will raise again. If yes, I'll try your solution and let you know.

For now it looks like the battery drain is normal (no service stoped). After 14 hours in sleep and about half an hour of internet surfing its on 90% (from 95%). I think this is normal, isn't it?

4. Tonitti

I meant the ones from HP, I haven't tried the one from Lenovo, I hope someone tries them, they might be better.

I'm glad your tablet works now as it should, while sleeping. It's probable that the high cpu usage it's a problem with windows in general and not due to the tablet itself, as I was googling for solutions I found similar problems with people using windows 7 years ago.

5. Tonitti

I did what you said 3 days ago and so far the high CPU usage has stopped, but I haven't had the issue since around one week ago so I can't confirm that the problem was that.

I'll try to do a lot of things with the tablet to watch it the problem reappears, like surfing the Microsoft store, playing games, watching videos etc, but so far HP drivers + disabling ASUSACPI works for me.

6. dinan

dinan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys I've been through two Lenovo TPT2s and now an Asus vivotab smart and while I like both there's always some deal breaker with each one. The Lenovo has quite poor build quality on both units that I've had and the screen is a bit weird. The vivotab smart is better in terms of build quality but there's no stylus support and both of them have quite poor speakers (the TPT2 is slightly better but both are still worse than my cell phone).

I originally was going to get the TF810C but opted against it because I thought the size and weight might be too much for a tablet. What I do like is that there's a keyboard dock and the overall weight is still about the same as an iPad. Do you guys think I should go for the TF810C? Are the speakers acceptable and is it still small and light enough to be used as a tablet? Or should I continue my hunt for the perfect 10.1 inch atom based device (which doesn't seem to exist)?

7. pleomin

pleomin Pen Pal - Newbie

While the speakers lack power I find them acceptable. While they lack bass the mids and highs are relatively well represented for such tiny speakers. With headphones or external speakers the sound quality is excellent.

I have not found the weight an issue. While it may be a bit too heavy to hold it in one hand for a prolonged time, with two hands I find it not more cumbersome than a regular book.

8. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

I find it to be a compromise between the tablet and keyboard. In my opinion the 11.6" is slightly too big. 10.1" is the sweet spot in my opinion, but 10.1" does not allow you do have a full size keyboard on the dock, which is a must for me.

9. dinan

dinan Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea I originally wanted the Acer W510 because its the only 10.1 inch device that has a keyboard dock with battery. Not sure why no one else did this but maybe its because the keyboard would be too small as you said. The reason I didn't get the W510 was because I played with one in the store and it felt quite cheap and the screen was somewhat washed out. Also the keyboard dock doesn't have a multitouch trackpad and there's no stylus support. I guess if I can overlook the size of the TF810C the only issue left is the higher cost compared to similar tablets. I'm willing to pay this if the quality is higher in terms of build quality, screen (brightness, colors, viewing angles), and speaker quality, Do you think it was worth the price in these regards?

10. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

It wasn't a difficult choice for me, as these tablets are all around the same price in the UK. The cheapest is the Acer W510 @ £529.99 but like you said, it looks and feel cheap. The VivoTab and the Samsung equivalent are £699 and the HP Envy X2 is £799. It was mainly a choice between the Asus and the Samsung, as I find the £799 price tag of the Envy to be a disgrace considering it's $850 in the US.

The VivoTab won out against the Samsung for me.

I feel the VivoTab is by far the best looking device, and it is exceptionally well built.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.