Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

So you have this problem too? then we are two now. Mi problem is this: the right speaker sound like the wings of a bumblebee are being flapped inside the tablet, It is noticeable with sounds that have bass or are very loud in origin. It sounds like a hardware problem to me, but there's still hope it will be corrected with some driver, very small hope though. My solution was to open the volume settings and pan the master volume to the left (correction: just lower you right speaker volume to 0), now I have mono sound but with no distortion, sigh.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. vecheto

vecheto Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey

Got a really big issue with my vivo tab 810. Had it about a week now and a few days back it started to randomly shut itself off. Sometimes when I'm watching a video etc or just webbrowsing. And if i press the lock button on the tablet and then press it again you should see the lock screen but in my case sometimes it just shutsdown again. And i can't start it ut again because I only come to like the Asus logo and it turns itself off.. So I tried to start it with the charger connected and woops its all good again and it starts upp perfectly. And I've hade no shutdowns when I had the tablet in charged or when it's docked to the keyboard dock. Haven't tried to re install windows yet ( full re install).
    Tried to search all over the internet about this problem but seems no one had it. Could use some answers really quick if someone would know something abuout it. Much appreciated!

3. paulf

paulf Pen Pal - Newbie

I am looking to replace my "paving slab" - a motion LE1600 - which I use as a onenote machine and for very little else. Can someone tell me whether the wacom driver issues apply to onenote? I don't need to use art software but I do want the perfect onenote experience.

Also how does it feel using onenote in portrait mode with this size screen? I am used to working in portrait mode with 768 pixels so that is not an issue but I calculate a 11.6" 16:9 screen will be 5.7" wide compared to the 7.3" of my LE1600. A 10.1" screen will be less than 5" width in portrait which I am guessing will be too small for note taking, with tablet on a desk, which is what I want to do 90% of the time.

If the drivers mean onenote is better on the samsung I will get that, but otherwise it seems to me build quality point to this one.

Thanks in advance...

4. WellThen

WellThen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, nice to see another LE1600 veteran. I still have mine, I gave it to my wife a few years back.

As for your questions about the TF810, I don't have one yet, I'm just shopping. However, I am also a heavy OneNote user, so it will be critical to me as well. You should check out this video on Youtube, where a guy does extensive writing in OneNote on the TF810. I think he also has other videos related to the TF810.
    Asus VivoTab TF810C note taking with digital pen & One Note - YouTube

Good luck!

5. mr2ns

mr2ns Pen Pal - Newbie

6. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Pen Pal - Newbie

I am a heavy onenote user as well, and that is the main reason I chose this one. The few days it did work, Onenote worked outstanding. I was able to easily type and write, or draw diagrams. The one issue I had was hitting the windows button, but once I figured out to turn the tablet upside down when writing, I had no complaints.

7. Revelations

Revelations Pen Pal - Newbie

In my experience, inking in OneNote portrait mode is not recommended. The calibration is way off around the edges and it's hard to write accurately. If you're planning to ditch some 1-2 cm around the edges then you'll be fine.

8. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree with this. Inking in portrait does not work very well.

9. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Great news, Asus Tf810c support site has finally been updated; now the manual is available in 7 languages... :mad:

10. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

At least they're acknowledging the correct OS. It used to say Windows 8 64-bit...

The VivoTab Smart (ME400C) has started shipping too, and apparently there's BIOS and driver updates for it in Asus Live Update! W.T.F. Asus? You support the cheaper device but not the premium?