Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Please see Breed's driver summary thread. He captured what I did there. You have to manually update two devices in control panel after installing the HP drivers. Hope that helps.

2. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

After installing the HP driver, and manually updating the drivers as listed in Breed's driver thread, goto Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound. The Synaptics control panel will be at the bottom (scroll all the way down).

3. windroid

windroid Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone else having the problem of the Tablet battery draining before the Dock battery? The Dock *should* charge the Tablet and when the Tablet is at 100% it should use up the Dock to 5% before switching to draining the Tablet.

For me, however, the Tablet drains and leaves the keyboard dock at 100%. I called Asus support and they suggested that I refresh and/or factory reset my device with the Dock connected. I refreshed it and it changed nothing. I am thinking about Factory Resetting it now, but that would be such a hassle and I'm just really hoping there is an easier fix.

Side note, I was having the Trackpad not working after waking up issue (as well as the keyboard not registering all my clicks) so I updated the SoC and the Trackpad, and they both worked perfectly after that. However, this battery draining from the Tablet instead of the Dock issue has remained. Anyone know of a fix?

4. Revelations

Revelations Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my TF810 yesterday and I'm loving it!

The only issue I'm having is pen calibration around the edges is not really exact. Does anyone have similar issues?

5. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. dinan

dinan Pen Pal - Newbie

Does the vivotab tf810c come with the keyboard dock or must that be purchased separately?

7. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

ASUS offers two model numbers, TF810C-C1-GR and TF810C-C2-GR. The first is the tablet only, and the second is a bundle.

8. dinan

dinan Pen Pal - Newbie

I see, thanks. So the TF810C by itself costs more than the Samsung 500T bundled with the dock?

9. Revelations

Revelations Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is not like that though, it's top left corner that is bad, about 1/3rd of the screen. The other corners I can live with. It's not really a huge issue though, I only use top corner when I have to close Chrome tabs.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Vasastan

Vasastan Pen Pal - Newbie

Big thank you to Breed for the driver effort! I have updated my drivers (except the touchpad, as I have only seen a little of that problem) which fixed the random crashes and hangs. My only problem now is that both speakers are so bad I think they must be broken. All sound on volumes above 10% is completely distorted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.