Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmf

pmf Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe this is the service for the hotkey listener. If you disable the service it will likely disable the hotkeys on the dock (ie. FN+F9 to disable touchpad).

2. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll give this a try. Through experimenting with the drivers on Synaptics web-site, I got rid of the sleep issue, but lost my multi-touch (i.e. pinch to zoom, etc.) from the touchpad. Can you confirm this is still working? If so, I may go through another hard reset to get the original drivers restored, since we can't download them.

3. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

Can someone please open the task manager (right click on task bar), sort by CPU and look for a process called "System Interrupts"? Please let me know how active the process is.

4. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Depends on what I'm doing. Usually sits at around <1%.

5. beachman

beachman Pen Pal - Newbie

Before I disabled the ASUSACPI service my System Interrupt took about 20-30% cpu all the time after tablet Wakes up from sleep until next reboot. It drained the battery quite fast, and it only stopped taking cpu untill I rebooted. Now I have disabled the ASUSACPI service and System interupt is below 1%. I still have issues with sleep though. Sometimes the tablet Cold reboots when trying to Wake it up...

6. beachman

beachman Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, you're right, but it's only a few fn-keys that stops working (FN+F9 still works and flight mode, but not disable WIFI or BT for example)

7. Teval2

Teval2 Pen Pal - Newbie

The multitouch does work. You can export all drivers with drivermax also.

8. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

So, I reset my 810 (not a full hard reset), and it refreshed with all original drivers My multi-touch is back on my touchpad, but unfortunately, the sleep issue is back. I have downloaded DriverMax, and it shows 2 drivers to be updated, Generic USB hub and HID-compliant consumer control device. Are these the drivers you updated to solve the touchpad sleep issue?

Thanks.

9. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Success!!

I ended up installing the Synaptics touchpad driver from HP, for the Envy X2. After the install, you have to go to the Device Manager and manually update the Synaptics HID TouchPad under both the Mice and other pointing devices and under Human Interface Devices.

I tried updating the two drivers that DriverMax found, but no luck. Plus, one of the drivers was not digitally signed, so I did not install that one (didn't trust it).

On the plus side, there is now a Synaptics settings app in the control panel where you can tweak the touchpad!

BTW, it definitely was the Synaptics driver causing this. I plugged in a Logitech USB mouse, and it always worked after coming out of sleep.

Now, the only thing I have missing after doing the reset are the notifications that pop-up on the upper right side of the screen when you press Fn + F1 through F12. The function keys still work, but no notification. Not the end of the world. Anyone have any ideas what program controls the notifications?

10. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

The only way you will get the keyboard is if the retailer bundles it. There is no one box bundle, they are just sending the separate keyboard retail box with the retail tablet box. The cheapest bundle I found was at buyspry.com at $949. If the price is less than that at a retailer it is only the tablet. Not a good job by ASUS but I can tell you that I have tried the ATIV 500t, 700t (still have), ThinkPad Tablet 2, Envy X2, Sony Duo 11 and the ASUS 810. The 810 is the all around winner, hands down. The only exception I would make is if you need more storage, power and USB 3.0, then go with the ATIV 700t or wait for the Surface Pro or some of the other i5 units coming in late Jan. Or Feb.