Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the update cardman! Be sure to let us know how you make out with MSStore. I have three transcripts of chat techs telling me that the keyboard comes with the tablet.

Good luck, Jim

2. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the comparisons with other Win 8 tablets! By the way, how did you get your hands on an HP Envy X2? I thought it wasn't shipping until sometime in January.

Thanks, Jim

3. brettpfleiger

brettpfleiger Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anybody having problems with the wifi. I can connect to an open network but I have not been able to connect to my offices WPA2 secure network. I have no problem with a Dell running Windows 8 but the ASUS will not connect.

Thoughts>

4. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

Would someone be willing to test gaming performance with League of Legends? A Samsung 500t reviewer noted about 10fps (measured with FRAPS) on the lowest settings. I'm curious to know how the 810c compares. I suspect about the same, given the similar hardware.

5. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

My RT-N56U is set to WPA2 and the TF-810C connects fine. There's another post on here somewhere about a guy having trouble with a work router, but IIRC it had to do with a Broadcom incompatibility.

6. swidwaks

swidwaks Scribbler - Standard Member

For those using the keyboard dock, is it bad for the keyboard battery to always be at 5%? I'd say a lot of the time I just want to use this thing in laptop mode, but I don't want to always have to worry about damaging the battery because the keyboard gets drained down to zero before the laptop battery starts to decline...

7. comeonmac

comeonmac Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys. Just got my tablet today (Christmas gift from myself :p )

Anyways, I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my graphics card or something. First of all, it seems as though my tablet is having problems rendering the color gray. When I surf the web, for example, it shows forums very funky. Even native Windows 8 apps are messed up where there should be gray. For example, here is my calendar app. The gray is definitely too dark, and you can't really tell from the picture, but it doesn't get filled in completely either (there are like gridlines, and stuff).

Second problem is when adjusting brightness. When I drag the bar to adjust the brightness, it doesn't gradually get brighter. Instead, while dragging the brightness up, my brightness will go up and down. For example, if I have it set to ~95% brightness, it's much brighter than 100% brightness. And then if I drag it to 60% brightness, that may be brighter, or just as bright.

I figure the first issue can be fixed with a driver update (which I do not think exists yet?), but the second issue seems weird to me. Did I get a faulty tablet? Has anyone else noticed similar problems?

8. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

No rechargeable battery likes to be left empty or quasi-empty for a whole 45-60 days. But these aren't hard numbers. If you know you won't recharge a battery for a while, leave it with at least 30% charge.

9. onkelosuppo

onkelosuppo Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't really understand what you mean. Can you provide another picture?

Same here. Turn off Auto-Brightness and you can perfectly set the brightness for each percent. If you turn auto brightness on, you have twice as many "points" to set the brightness to, while every other one is dark. This will hopefully get fixed.

Something else: Does anyone have experiences with Asus Notebooks concerning driver updates and downloads in general?
    I bought the VivoTab "accidently" because I got so tired of waiting for the ThinkPad Tablet 2. I like the machine a lot, but there are no drivers on the Asus website whatsoever. Also the Eee Live Update doesn't find anything. I know for a fact though, that Dell and Lenovo (even though their devices aren't even released) have tons of new drivers on their website. And Samsung even offers firmware updates for their Smart PC 500T.
    Now I had to use the new GPU and WLAN driver from Lenovos IdeaTab. WTF!

10. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

No Problem. I had preordered the Envy and received it on December 16th. No stylus available for it yet so I couldn't use it. After seeing some the lackluster reviews of people that received them and have been using them for a bit, I am not sorry for returning it. I just talked to another HP rep and they still don't have a way to purchase the stylus yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.