Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi guys I think now that most people have received their vivotab 810 there should be a dedicated thread for it, just as the EP121 which is now almost obsolete. Moderators how about that? Let's post information on driver availability, problems and tweaks.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

2. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

May as well get this thread rolling from the Preorder one. Continued from the other thread:

Well, it seems that my Search-Fu is weak as I can hardly find any reference or solution to the "A supported tablet was not found on system" message. Someone recommended reinstalling the OS, but I think doing that on the tablet will just bring it back to the Asus image. I've contacted Wacom's Support so hopefully they may have some answers. If I can't find a solution to installing the Wacom drivers, I may have to return it and go back to the Samsung ATIV since I know I was able to install it on there. I'd hate to lose the battery life though.

Observation: Docking the tablet to the keyboard, the keyboard was essentially sucked dry down to 5% within a day, even sleeping overnight. Tablet power light was amber and was on even though the screen wasn't on and lid closed. Is this what other people are getting?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  3. nnthemperor

Noticed the keyboard battery issue. Was surprised it got down to 4%, Dont really remember how long i used it docked. Just charged it full. Will see if there's a problem.

4. nnthemperor

Kind of frustrating though, no information on drivers on the Asus Vivotab page, or is it still too early?

5. nnthemperor

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

If your tablet is discharged, it will recharge from your keyboard dock. It's a pretty smart system. In my experience, provided the tablet's fully charged, it won't drain the keyboard battery (but for the very slow discharge to maintain sleep until it hibernates). From the tablet's perspective, the keyboard is essentially the same as being plugged in.

7. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh, it was my understanding that the tablet will just use power from the dock instead of actually charging it. I'll put it to the test: dock is fully charged and tablet is at 59%. I'll leave it sit together for the night and look at levels in the morning.

8. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Interesting that you are saying that people have this 11.6" 16:9 CloverTrail TabletPC with a Wacom digitizer when it just hit the FCC for approval:

Asus VivoTab, Acer Iconia Tab W511 hit the FCC - Liliputing

Is Asus selling them prior to FCC approval and getting away with it? How interesting...

9. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

Totally interesting. I've wondered why there aren't more people sharing their experiences on here. It's super early days. The Asus support site has no drivers of any type. I bought mine from buyspry.com (FWIW, real good experience) but maybe there are fewer of these in the wild than I thought.

In any event, awesome machine. See the preorder thread for more, including pictures of mine next to an 11.6" MBA.

10. nnthemperor

"Interesting that you are saying that people have this 11.6" 16:9 CloverTrail TabletPC with a Wacom digitizer when it just hit the FCC for approval:

Asus VivoTab, Acer Iconia Tab W511 hit the FCC - Liliputing

Is Asus selling them prior to FCC approval and getting away with it? How interesting..."

That's definitely another Asus product, I'm guessing the Vivotab smart, lilliputing's got their information mixed up. A lot of outlets have been selling the Vivotab tf810 since last month.