Asus Vivo Tab pressure sensitivity

Discussion in 'Asus' started by seashells, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bonkaberra

bonkaberra Pen Pal - Newbie

Well no more beta driver, hopfully they will release the release version.

See my answer from Wacom support.

Thank you for your interest in the beta testing for our drivers. At this time we have closed the beta testing to our customers as we are working on a release version of the product. Thank you again for your interest and patience.

Best Regards,

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

....may got something for you all.

I found this Japanese Youtube video and blog...that offers a Wintab Driver that seemingly works with Sai on the TF810 as well as the Thinkpad Tablet 2. I suspect this Driver is the "Beta" driver discussed in this thread.

butimaru

Its in Japanese....this is the best google translate could give.

Try to publish it became so effective pen pressure of Sai in TF810C

Is low practicality still honest I am running once.

Sai for WinTab (TF810C for)

○ Summary
    · It is the dll to enable the pressure sensitivity of Sai in ASUS TF810C.
    • There is no function positioning, pen pressure adjustment, button function assignment, etc., tablet properties.
    · I will not be able to use in other than Sai.

○ Known Issues
    - (Done from those of the cursor drawing is not calibrated) the cursor will vibrate to move the cursor via WinTab that are not calibrated and cursor movement by the system that has been calibrated collide.

○ How to use
    Please copy the folder Sai wintab.ini and wintab32.dll.
    It does not use the registry other, you can uninstall it removes a wintab.ini and wintab32.dll.

○ Upcoming
    -I would like to put a simple position adjustment ahead of time.
    · I want to correspond to Tablet2 ThinkPad early but not stand outlook if there is a problem dumping model-dependent.

3. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just downloaded and installed the following driver on my TF810C. TABLET PC – Enhanced Tablet Driver 7.1.1-12. They installed successfully and I now have pressure sensitivity in my Corel programs. Great to finally have that function on my tablet.

4. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep, working drivers are now publicly available: Hardware Drivers | Wacom
    Pick "TabletPC" as the tablet model and download.
    OpenCanvas works great, and I imagine Photoshop and other programs would too.
    However, SAI is now more broken compared to the beta. It now picks up your palm all of the time when writing with the pen, instead of some of the time.
    Compared to the beta drivers, inking is now perfectly working in OneNote 2013 (previously, the smallest brush size would be 1x1 pixel with no pressure and the second smallest would be unusable because it would somehow expand to like 10x its size and look like finger painting)
    Unfortunately, it's no longer possible to use the pen as a select tool in OneNote 2013 or the app version by holding the button and hovering or pressing with the pen.

5. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow. Talk about a dilemma! I use the select tool all the time in OneNote!

6. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I was so happy at first when I was testing the official drivers for 5 minutes, Photoshop support worked great and I thought Sai palm rejection bugs were fixed too, but after spending more time it is clear these bugs are still there, random right clicks that count as a color pick with the eyedropper or "space mode" that counts as like I'm holding the space key to pan the canvas; the color pick in particular is very annoying as If i'm drawing in black suddenly it picks the white of the canvas and I have to pick black again to be able to continue sketching, so the only viable solution is to disable touch completely.

I remember that Wacom Tech support told me that these Sai bugs were a bit difficult to fix but I hope a solution will be found as both Wacom and Sai are japanese and the program is very popular there.

7. steve343

steve343 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a vivotab and Photoshop CS2 installed. But trying to sketch the image is moving. actually the pressure works like navigating the screen in stead of drawing. Is there a way to lock the screen (especially when zoomed in.) ?

8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. Nils

Nils Pen Pal - Newbie

New Wacom Driver is online: ISD_DualTouch_712-9

Choose operating system: Windows 8
    product: Tablet PC

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015