Asus Transformer Pro T304(Successor of Transformer 3 Pro )with Kaby Lake CPU

Discussion in 'Asus' started by alextrela182, Mar 26, 2017.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well seems Asus quietly at CES 2017 back January announced the successor of Transformer 3 Pro this time with Kaby Lake U series processes.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-l...304-as-a-Surface-Pro-competitor.208710.0.html
    http://notebookitalia.it/asus-transformer-pro-t304-kaby-lake-prezzo-specifiche-24771

Besides the upgraded Intel Core processor compared to 3 Pro the other difference is that new model has integrated fingerprint reader with Windows Hello support.

Hope this time Asus manage to deliver better results at battery life and better quality screen than the previous model.

Hope also USB C 3.1 port is Thunderbolt support(should be clarified)

ASUS Transformer Pro T304

https://press.asus.com/release.php?id=98

The powerful, convenient and expandable ASUS Transformer Pro T3034 is designed to deliver performance never thought possible in a detachable 2-in-1, harnessing the enhanced power and energy efficiency of 7th Generation Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 processors, along with 16GB of fast LPDDR3 RAM and an up to 1TB PCIex4 SSD. The exclusive metal-covered keyboard with its 1.4mm key travel ensures the ultimate typing comfort, and the freely adjustable stand with stepless Smart Hinge provides unrivaled user convenience. Transformer Pro T304 can also be equipped with the optional ultra-light Charcoal version of the ASUS Transformer Cover Keyboard, which has the same 1.4mm key travel, but features backlit keys for easy typing in any lighting conditions. Both keyboards include a large glass-covered touchpad that supports intuitive Windows multi-touch gestures for easy navigation and control. Transformer Pro T304 is also incredibly expandable, with a range of accessories including the ASUS Audio Pod for awesome audio, the ASUS Universal Dock for enhanced productivity, and the ASUS Pen for effortless creativity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Marty likes this.
  2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ Vā…Oā…„ Senior Member

It's not the successor of the T3P. As its name hints, it's a downgrade compared to the T3P: lower display resolution and no Thunderbolt 3. You can expect the successor of the T3P to be named... Transformer 4 Pro.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  3. alextrela182

The code name of the previous model is T303(T3P)
    The new model is T304 so sound logic this to be successor.

Also the new model has up to 1TB PCIe storage while the previous up to 500GB if I'm not wrong

As for the lower resolution if that helps battery life is welcome improvements and not downgrade.

Only thunderbolt is downgrade if that being true(not heard anything similar far)

Knowing Asus all that latest years with 2 in 1 it doesn't make me any surprise.
    Each model has at least one disadvantage.

The 3 Pro has the horrible battery life and average quality screen(especially very low brightness level)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  4. hiddensanctum

hiddensanctum Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems kind of odd Asus took out the Thunderbolt 3. Hopefully it is just a typo on their site. I would love to hook this up to the Razer Core

5. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope it is not a typo... TB3 is no longer available... so smaller resolution and no TB3, but worst of all is that battery is the same!
    Still price wise, it eat MSP for breakfast, as pen and keyboard are included, so you can buy i7, 16gb, 512gb with Asus universal dock and you still save money versus Microsoft Surface Pro i5/8GB/256gb + pen+keyboard+dock...

Small update, I found now on asus web that t304ua screen resolution is 3k / 2880x1920

https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-Transformer-Pro-T304UA/

And here:
    https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-Transformer-Pro-T304UA/Tech-Specs/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    ATIVQ likes this.
  6. Omazic.iv

Quick question does anyone know when this device will become available to buy in Europe?

7. alextrela182

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Omazic.iv likes this.
  8. Omazic.iv

Thank you!!!

Oh no just realize 2 things, battery capacity is the same and active cooler as well... so there is only one choice left for me: acer switch 5, and for that one availability is still unknown :-(

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  9. the_whiterabbit

the_whiterabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Looking at the updated US website, it looks like resolution is 2160x1440--so lower than the Transformer 3 Pro. Though that *should* help with battery life.

Omazic.iv likes this.
  10. hiddensanctum

hiddensanctum Pen Pal - Newbie

Really hoping their next gen brings back the TB3. Still looking for a Windows Tablet with i7 7500U or better, pen support, and TB3.

Omazic.iv likes this.