ASUS Transformer Mini is the best surface 3 successor we saw in 2016

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alisaad619, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

Asus announced three Surface clones ,2 of them are big surface 4 competitors ,but the interesting device (for me) is a 10 inch surface 3 competitors ,here the main points :-

• 10.1-inch display with 400cd/m2 brightness
    • The weight of the tablet is 530 grams and its thinness is 8.2mm (Surface 3 is 622 grams)
    • A 1.5mm keyboard and spaced out keys
    • 11 hours of battery life
    • Integrated kickstand which opens up to 170°
    • Windows Hello Support via a fingerprint reader on the back of the tablet
    • Stylus support with 1024 levels of precision (like the Surface pro 4 ,but the tech type is unknown)
    • The rest of the tech specs are unknown
    I think this an interesting device and will be very valuable if Microsoft decided to not make a Surface 4, or if they made the Surface 4 a 12inch device.

If I had to guess I’ll think it’ll be sold for 500$ with keyboard, and I hope it have the newer Apollo Lake processors.

We should get more info today when hands-on video from Computex get uploaded to YouTube ,so stay tuned on our Twitter account @Windows_ink .

original article link and pictures at

https://windowsink.club/2016/05/30/...-the-best-surface-3-successor-we-saw-in-2016/

JoeS and Burgundy like this.
  2. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm really interested about....

That new pen, looks like it uses a similar pen tip, like Apple's, the tablet is 16:9, yes? That's a shame if true, because, if it's 3:2 or something like that, it would be a gorgeous thing, no doubt, although I bet it's an atom in there. :/

3. alisaad619

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's 16:9 , no specs available yet to confirm the screen and CPU

I really hope the pen use Microsoft pen program tech (N-trig) because they could ruin the device if it's another synaptic (BTW even the 1000$ new Asus Surface clone use the same pen)

now there is non-english video on youtube

german

italian

4. Burgundy

So it seems like the mini is being powered by a freaking atom x5, from what I could read from Cnet's coverage, although is was just mere mention of atom x5 cpu being used in the mini there, which is **** in my book. The Tranformer 3 (non pro), at starting point, is using mCore, which is half decent, hopefully it goes to i5 or something. Then finally the Transformer 3 pro, starts at i5 core. mCore should be bare minimum at this point, these atoms are utterly underpowered and won't be useful in most drawing programs.

And the pen tech, no mention of which pen tech, I guess by being 1k it's either Ntrig, or synaptic, right? If Synaptic then this thing is worthless, completely worthless.

I'm keeping my expectations down for now, since the T3 pro looks like a complete SP4 copy, apart from the thunderbolt 3 for possible external gpu use, and the pen tech is still a mystery, damn.

5. alisaad619

I knew that it's atom but I was hopeful it's the next generation atom apollo lake , so I didn't think of it as artist device , I think of it as productivity and student device (for apps like onenote and drawboardPDF )

the pen is the only issue I'm still worrying about , I hope it's good

6. Burgundy

Ah okay, for that it probably is enough, and it could pass as a light sketch pad too, unless the pen is crap, then it's between overpriced or useless. :S

7. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

According to the video from Mobilegeeks it has a resolution of 1280*800 px which would be 16:10 and the CPU is an x5-Z8350.

8. stormi

According to the video from Mobilegeeks it has a resolution of 1280*800 px which would be 16:10 and the CPU is an x5-Z8350.

9. alisaad619

those are not great but not bad either for a 350$ product , but only if the pen is good , did they say what's the amount of ram or storage ?

10. stormi

Yes, 2 GB RAM and 128 GB storage.

11. alisaad619

that's a weird configuration , asus is drunk

bloodycape likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.