Asus Transformer Book

Discussion in 'Asus' started by tissot, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Completely agree. I still pray that their delay in release is due to the fact that they are adding things back in, but with each passing day I am being more and more tempted by the Lenovo Helix and Surface Pro. I really wanted to give Asus a shot.

2. pion2099

pion2099 Pen Pal - Newbie

The Helix is currently at the top for me now too. It's a shame, because the Transformers look so gosh darn good. I'm normally an all black kinda guy. I don't like flash and bling, but the Book was going to be the one exception. I wanted it in that nice, extremely not subtle champaigne they had for the Prime. But now, I'd just like it to not be useless. The Helix has no style, which is usually the style I like, but it has almost all the function I want. I would love it if it had a GPU in there too. I honestly don't understand what Asus was thinking with this machine.

It might actually have less features than their lower end machines lol - the Tab has a Wacom, the Smart has the flippy cover and keyboard and the RT is lighter, has a 16 hour battery and LTE connectivity.

On a slightly related note, it seems that Asus has removed all the posts from their Transformer Book facebook page lol it's probably because it was getting too many negative comments.

edit: nevermind, the posts are back. Weird, not sure what happened there.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  3. themugger

themugger Pen Pal - Newbie

Ive returned my faulty TF810c and decided to hold out for the TX300. Although i would of prefered the 11" version im happy with the 13" model and am looking forward to getting my hands on one. only problem now is how long with Asus take to start selling this thing lol!!! As much as i love their products there marketing is dreadful!

4. Zeelobby

I'm really hoping their delay is because they realized that everyone who wanted it, wanted a stylus and/or discrete graphics. Like the poster above mentioned, it had gotten to the point where their Facebook page was just littered with people complaining. Hey, if that means they had to take it back to the drawing board, and end up releasing it later this year, I'm fine with that. In the interim I will be purchasing a surface pro and then either complementing it or trading it for a Transformer Book w/ discrete graphics and digitized stylus IF and WHEN they become available.

5. themugger

themugger Pen Pal - Newbie

That would be awesome if that was the case, it would just be nice of them to let us know that! even if they said march i would hold out it would just be nice to know when!

6. Zeelobby

As great as Asus has been with products, they have never been very transparent. It's annoying in general when it comes to tech companies. They all wait for the giant conventions to announce their new lines, and then it takes anywhere from 6-12 months before a release date is even announced. At this point I would have to assume one of 3 things concerning the Transformer Book.

1. There are hardware issues delaying it's release
    2. They are updating the hardware to meet the expectations/demands of consumers
    3. They are delaying the release until they can incorporate the new Y or Haswell chips

I doubt they are waiting for Haswell (as that would increase the wait for ANOTHER year), but I could see them trying to squeeze in the Y to improve battery life on a device that has a large screen. Personally I hope it's #2.

7. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What are you talking about.
    As you can see on Asus web site the specification will be this finally.
    ASUS - - ASUS ASUS Transformer Book TX300
    No way all of that you are saying is absolute wrong.
    For me the main disadvantages of the Book is.
    1.No wacom digital pen
    2.No mat screen as the awesome Asus Zenbook(top of the top among ultrabooks)
    Take a look here.
    Review Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A Ultrabook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
    3.No WiDi support.
    The HD4000 is just fine most of the people don't need discrete vga card.
    It is not necessary,i'm not going to play gaming all the time and these hybrid products are not for this purpose.

8. Zeelobby

First of all, specs can change. Look at Lenovo's Helix. Delayed til March/April, most likely to utilize the new low power CPUs. Anyone who follows hardware can tell you that nothing is final until it hits shelves. Companies have been known to update spec sheets prior to device launches.

I agree with your points though. Wacom is much needed and I'm 50/50 on matt screens. Most touch devices use gorilla glass which is not currently available in mat. (or at least never seems to be used).

A discrete GPU is not necessary FOR YOU. Please don't assume that everyone has the same use cases for these hybrids you have. There are a lot of advantages of discrete GPUs beyond just gaming. They are great for video editing and multi-layer photo shop work. They also reduce strain on the CPU and allow it to reduce power and focus on background tasks. A lot of people were excited when Asus first made the announcement of a GPU in the dock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

9. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well let inform you that IF and only IF Asus release 14'' version of Book only then maybe has a discrete vga card.
    No way in this particular model of 13.3''.
    This version is on the way to the store untill the end of the month.
    It won't be any change with the specification.
    If it go to April maybe but stiil very little possibility
    I made an pre-order since December 2012 from France the i5 version and told me that until end of the months i will have it finally.

10. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

A 13 inch tablet? Give me a break! A 13 inch laptop or ultrabook, OK. What did Asus do? A laptop with added expense of detachable display and both ssd and hard drive. I give up!

Regards, Jim