ASUS Transformer Book T90 Chi w/Pen 8.9 Screen!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by rundell, Jan 5, 2015.

1. rundell

rundell Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone noticed this? The video just came out and at the very end shows the pen. As he is working with it, I'm not sure but might have saw a silo? What do you think?

Features an 8.9-inch display with a 1280 x 800 resolution, 2GB RAM, and 32 or 64GB of storage. Only 7.5mm thin.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Yep, that's a silo. You can see it when he's holding it up to show the thinness. Around the :50 mark.

HJK likes this.
  3. wrongpassword

wrongpassword Pen Pal - Newbie

4. redviper

redviper Scribbler - Standard Member

Would be great if it's the surface pen. That would make it a great companion to the sp3.

HJK likes this.
  5. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Looks like its Synaptics:

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Sorry to burst so many bubbles, but that looks exactly like the pen that you can buy for the Dell Venue Pro (which is Synaptics, I have one sitting in my desk right now) and it is thicker than 7.5mm - that nixes any hope of a silo. Neat looking device nonetheless, but where is CherryTrail and the Wacom goodness? One step forward, two steps back...

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My guess is that we won't see Cherry Trial devices for 4-6 months. It was just introduced at CES and, AFAICT, no devices using it were displayed. I do like the size of the size of the T90. 8.9" was perfect for me. It was the Slate 500's size. 8.9" 16:10 would be great. This unit looks like 16:9. Nothing here, however, to make me get rid of my M80TA.

8. dstrauss

The 3:2 Surface Pro 3 is a GREAT screen dimension - 16:10 would be OK - WHY ARE THEY SO WEDDED TO 16:9? I know, that is the HD standard, but almost all motion pictures are greater than 16:9 so you still get big black borders except for made for TV media. Come OEM and ODM's - give us a reasonable screen ratio in a sub-10" device!

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Dunno, almost all of the media I watch is made for TV. Most of the time I'd rather binge watch a TV series than watch a movie.

Still though I wouldn't protest a more squarish aspect ratio (it is simply a low priority thing for me). I think the reason is mostly mass production price reduction and HD aspect ratio was chosen as the "standard". In laptop mode, I really see very little additional value in square aspect ratios, and the standard was probably driven much more by laptops than the tiny windows tablet market. For the smaller screens, android media tablets probably dominate the aspect ratio standard choice. Productivity users are probably small potatoes in comparison.

10. dstrauss

That's one of the saddest comments you've ever made...despite being true...

WillAdams likes this.