Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jeek, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Conrad Hart

Conrad Hart Pen Pal - Newbie

Danny, have you been able to test out the synaptic's digitizer with a stylus?

Or has anyone else?

I am interested in a large sized slate to take written notes during class, and I am fed up with my M80TA's digitizer issues and small size.

If anyone can speak for the digitizer performance for any of the Chi series tablets, plane speak up and share the knowledge! I am not the only one curious about this!

EEGEE likes this.
  2. lin8810

lin8810 Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, you know ASUS is a Taiwanese company. In Taiwan's discussion forum, it's CONFIRMED that T300 Chi can use Synaptics Active Pen, such as A02 or A03 from Dell for Venue 8 Pro. Some user already bought A02 and use it on T300 Chi.

Here is the discussion forum. But sorry it's in Chinese, not English.
    http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=233&t=4303437&p=1

Just share with you~

alextrela182 likes this.
  3. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Someone on amazon's T100 review page also confirmed the Dell stylus works, wasn't too impressed though.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

@lin8810 thank you for keeping us informed. Only someone with Chinese language skills will find something like that, and we are all better of for you sharing with us.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

5. Booyahzman

Booyahzman Pen Pal - Newbie

Just noticed that the higher end T300 Chi (T300-FH011H) with the WQHD display, 8Gb RAM, etc is available on Asus's store. I've never bought anything directly from their website. Anyone have experience with buying directly from Asus?

Sent from Tapatalk Mobile, please excuse any auto-correct errors.

6. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

They use Synaptics. It's already confirmed by anandtech as well. They contacted ASUS to confirm it.
    I was planning to buy this or the T100 chi if it were to use wacom/ntrig but no thanks. Even though it is good looking and stuff.
    Surface 3 with LTE (n-trig) or Dell venue pro 10 (2015) (wacom AES ) is probably better option if you're looking for good stylus experience.

Don't get me wrong. I tried DVP8 as well and their newest pen but if you're telling this is good enough that means you haven't tried something better.
    It is in good bearable region but for there are better options such as wacom and n-trig.
    They have better software support for software such as clip studio paint and stuffs. It is probably the reason why all synaptics tablet sell their pen separately because it is not there yet.
    I'd rather support (pay) for something that push the boundary rather than immature technology.

7. Conrad Hart

So I ended up purchasing the T300CHI-F1-DB model. This is the United States model with the 4GB RAM, 1920 x 1080 screen, and the Core M-5Y10c 0.80 GHz CPU.

I plan to decide within the next few days if I will keep this tablet. If I do keep it, I will plan to buy both the Asus branded Chi cover and the Dell stylus for inking on the Synaptics active digitizer. If anyone has feedback on the Revision A00, A01, A02, or A03 of the Dell stylus, please do post in here. It does not appear the Asus Chi Stylus is available for sale anywhere as of yet, and it would probably be double to price of the Dell anyway.

I'll do my best to help you all out on questions you might have as this is such a new device and it's so difficult to drop the cash for something without many reviews. I was planning to use tablet to replace both my Asus TF810C and Asus M80TA. Hopefully the Synaptics inking is not a disappointment.

8. tdf

tdf Pen Pal - Newbie

I also would be interested in knowing how well the Dell styli work on this tablet. Can't find any information on the Asus stylus - neither when it's going to be available, nor if it's any better than the Dell ones and it's worth to actually wait for it.

9. Conrad Hart

I would have to think the Asus stylus is going to be the same as the Dell. Well, same technology anyway.

I have ordered the Dell Active Stylus from the Microsoft store. Even though the picture shows the Rev A02 model, I am hoping they send the newer Rev A03 model (two toned gray and silver). Chances are pretty slim but oh well.

Yesterday I also did end up ordering the Asus T300 Chi Cover that is supposed to protect all sides of the tablet. It will arrive Wednesday.

10. Jamon

Jamon Scribbler - Standard Member