Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jeek, Jun 2, 2014.

1. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

2. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

I just noticed that this is for sale on the microsoft store. This computer really interests me, but I have to wait to see how the Core M is in real world performance.

3. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Has anyone pick up one of the 2 version from ms store or Amazon and give us more details and feedback.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

4. Danny Smart

Danny Smart Pen Pal - Newbie

I got it a few days ago. I have a degree in computers and I own a computer shop. I had to call asus to figure out a few things about this. First of all it, it came with a micro usb to micro usb. It also has a micro USB to regular USB dongle adapter. To charge this thing you have to plug the micro usb to the dock to 1 part of the full size USB 3.0 port (the big side) hook up the adapter and charge the tablet first and then charge the base. I took a regular tablet charger to charge the base up myself. I do like the way it looks and I do like how heavy it is and I can acutally type on it quite well. It will take a lot of fingerprints though and a magnet for them. The screen has some glare to it but not too bad. I was scared disconnecting the tablet from the base, I was thinking I might tear it up because it is on there pretty snug. I haven't used this but maybe 2 hours. I bought this laptop to take the tablet part with me every day to the gym to watch a movie while I do an hour cardio and also to use it as a laptop when needed. I don't use a laptop much I use my desktop so I didn't really have to have a lot of power. I am still not impressed about the battery life of this unit but I haven't given it a change. I am on my 3rd day or so of using it and haven't charged it up at all yet but I haven't used it at all much and still haven't seen a full movie on it. The speakers are pretty good I have to say for the size, you can actually hear the sound. The screen is really nice and I have yet to use it as a tablet. I am thinking if I should keep it or get a surface pro 4 when it comes out. The only thing I am worried about on this is the processor. Is this processor strong enough to do normal things. I have to use this to find out.

ATIVQ likes this.
  5. alextrela182

Thanks for the feedback.
    You don't have to worry about the CPU and general performance.
    It's quite strong for daily use and some light more extensive task.

Can you run when having free time crystal disk mark and HD tune to see the performance of the ssd and tell us how long does it take to full charge from 10-15 % to 100%
    Does the keyboard have full size USB port or micro USB?
    Also can you tell us the hardware configuration of the device that you have?

Asus give with that model several option with different screen resolution,different size of ram and different CPU.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  6. Danny Smart

right now I am at 35% will drain it a bit and let you know. the keyboard has a mini usb, the hardware is the slower .8ghz processor 128gb ssd, 1080p screen the video is hd 5300 I believe. Do you want to know how long it takes while It is running or when it is turned off when charged up? The good version of this thing is not out yet here I don't believe in the us. I paid $629 plus tax at Microsoft store $25 tax for some reason and free shipping. I got the education discount even though I didn't even have a .edu account (I have a friend that does but didn't have to use hers) you go to Microsoft store tell them you go to phoenix online school they don't even ask for the email address and I got the 10% off so hopefully that helps. I am in a restaurant eating while typing this out.

ATIVQ likes this.
  7. alextrela182

Well both case would be better to know how long takes charging.
    Thanks.
    But I don't thinks would be much differences in total time in both case.

Also after a week, maybe two can you tell how the battery life is performing.
    Asus claims 8 hours.
    Did you get 6 hours minimum with mix used browning, typing on Word, or doing staff with Excel, watching youtube or downloading torrent or it is worst.

I m thinning the same hardware configuration but the version with 8gb of ram but only if battery life is acceptable witch mean 6 hours minimum.
    If it is less its deal breaker.

Thanks.

8. alextrela182

Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi Convertible Review
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Transformer-Book-T300-Chi-Convertible-Review.138153.0.html

Pro
    + Lightweight and very thin
    + Attractive and well-made tablet
    + Respectable CPU performance
    + Beautiful WQHD resolution display with wide gamut
    + Bright backlight
    + Low latency, responsive hardware
    + USB 3.0, MicroSD reader, and HDMI-out
    + Fanless design

Cons
    - Wobbly magnet hinges
    - Keyboard dock provides no additional features or ports
    - Keyboard keys have shallow travel
    - Reduced performance on batteries
    - Unable to maintain full Turbo Boost under constant stress
    - Display could benefit from calibration
    - Right side of tablet becomes much warmer than the left
    - No WWAN or GPS options
    - Battery life not exceptional
    - Small touchpad
    Shortcut

What we like

Great design, very thin, and easy to use. The display is gorgeous with a healthy number of physical ports.

What we'd like to see

Longer battery life, backlit keys, and perhaps more connectivity options such as WWAN. The magnet hinges need improving. Where is the stylus?

What surprises us

Fun to use and very responsive for a fanless Windows 8 tablet.

[​IMG]

9. Danny Smart

Battery takes 2 hours to charge from around 13% to 96% I don't think I am getting 6 hours out of it, maybe 4 at most I will have to try it again. I haven't used it much at all

10. alextrela182

As I can see from all the review around the net the battery is disappointing.
    And from what you say neither the 1080p version is much better!

Couple more review from the tablet pc
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc...asus-transformer-book-t300-chi-1278957/review

Our VerdictThis hybrid laptop finally get's things right with a thin and light design, and a vivid high-res display that'll steal your breath away

Pro

Vibrant display made for media
    Flexible use cases
    Thin and light design

Against

Colors a touch too saturated
    Unimpressive battery life
    Micro-sized ports

http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-transformer-book-t300-chi/

The Good

The Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi makes good use of Intel's low-power Core M processor, and includes a keyboard dock that works attached or remotely.
    The screen has a better-than-HD resolution.

The Bad

Performance and battery life is still not on par with what other slim hybrids and laptops deliver.
    Some design quirks, such as a poorly placed power button, can get in the way.

The Bottom Line

This good-looking fanless hybrid works as a slim Windows tablet or an ultra-portable laptop, but still suffers from the same awkward marriage of base and screen as many hybrids.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015