ASUS TF810C audio issues

Discussion in 'Asus' started by AegixNova, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just let the OS choose a driver and it installed automatically, unfortunately sound failed for me after a while as well. However I've read reviews on amazon that Samsungs drivers fixed their sound issues but they are the most difficult to get as they are only available via their software update program. I think those drivers could help but seems theres no way to get them.

2. swidwaks

swidwaks Scribbler - Standard Member

I too am having audio issues. It is strange when it happens for me, I'm not sure if it is the same as what you are seeing? At first I thought it was a problem with the Slacker app, because I would click play and nothing would happen.

I then noticed that in any app that attempted to use the audio, clicking play or whatever would not do anything. It's not like the apps are putting out audio but the computer isn't relaying it, whatever is going wrong is preventing the apps from even playing in the first place. I received playback errors in hulu similarly. In slacker/iheartradio the play button just didn't do anything.

3. -sigge-

-sigge- Pen Pal - Newbie

I had audio issues after a Windows Update on my Vivotab. Netflix wouldn't work, audio wouldn't play. I went back to the state before the update with a rollback. Now it works perfectly again (in the tabs original state). I've turned off automatic updates and I'm waiting for official word on this problem before I update anything on the machine (why try to fix what isn't broken).

4. maverick

maverick Pen Pal - Newbie

Could you share which versions are your drivers?

The realtek i2s + the Intel sst.

Thanks

5. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

From Acer's extracted drivers, neither isst.inf or isstrtc.inf resolve the issue.
    isstrtc.inf lasted quite some time (2 days), but the tablet seems to lag a bit in some areas once the sound breaks. Here are all the drivers I've tried, none work perfectly:
    6.2.9200.20802 17/09/2012
    6.2.9200.38 3/09/2012
    6.2.9200.42 25/09/2012

Now I'm going to try Samsung's drivers. It's actually very easy to obtain them. Their download tool doesn't check which system you're using, so you just pick the ones you like! They've also been reuploaded in another thread on this forum. I'll post my results later.

6. maverick

maverick Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

I've not updated any drivers on my VivoTab, and the driver versions are:

SST Audio: 6.2.9200.22017 - 26/09/2012
    Realtek I2S Audio Codec: 6.2.9200.38 - 03/09/2012

Anyone know what the I2S Audio codec is for?

8. Paul Mathews

Paul Mathews Pen Pal - Newbie

How do you find the sound to be, loud decent quality, any bass ???

I hear it has 4 speakers, are those speakers any good ???

If you play anything on Youtube is it loud ?

Thanks.

9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The sound is just okay. Could have been better though. I guess its because of the location of the speakers. You'll definitely strain you ears to hear sounds outside a quite room, even with volume cranked up to the highest level.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

10. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

The sound is quite loud, but once you increase volume too high it becomes distorted a bit. I recommend headphones or an external speaker.
    Anyway, after installing the drivers in this thread, I've had no more sound freezing problems! http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/54322-vivotab-tf810c-stability-issues-2.html
    Here are the links: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8157882/William Drv Package WW44 PR3.zip and https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8157882/Sounddrv.zip

Intel SST Audio Device is 6.2.9200.25166 and Realtek's drivers are 6.2.9200.43
    I'll definitely be backing these drivers up :thumbsup: