ASUS teases us with EP121, EP102, EP101, EP71

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by koao, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

When I was looking at the specs for a Fujitsu Lifebook T580 I wanted to compute the 10.1" 16:9 screen size to get an idea. Assuming the dimensions are indeed 16:9 I computed roughly 5" x 8.9" in portrait mode.

Assuming a straight ratio conversion from 10.1" to 12.1" it would be 12.1/10.1 or 1.198 larger. That should be roughly 6" x 10.7".

These are, of course, estimates.

2. wubbzy

wubbzy Pen Pal - Newbie

I couldn't make out the unit of measurement (not a french speaker), but I'm assuming it's in grams. The tablet by itself was reading 1178, which equals about 2.59 lbs. That seems about right, considering that it's larger than the HP Slate, which is around 1.5 lbs.

Another video showing Google Earth:
    YouTube - google_earth_ep121_tablet.avi

3. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Scribbler - Standard Member

this looks amazing! I am getting for sure unless it's ridiculously expensive.
    love the look, love the power. Case looks awesome(I really like the stands), I love the pen holder and I love the windows key+tab button. It's great! I am so excited for tomorrow. Also, that has got to be a wacom pen. It looks exactly like the one that came with my fujitsu t5010.

I'm more or less fluent in french so if anyone was wondering what he's saying, I could translate it for you. He didn't say all that much though. Just points out things you probably already noticed. As for the weight, it was 1.178kg on it's own, 1.612 with the case, 2.058 with the keyboard and 2.517 with the charger. A little bit heavier than I was hoping but not too bad.

4. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

awesome, teasing videos!

wacom is getting into the game FINALLY.....guess after the slew of tabletpcs from HP, asus will be the new darling of tablets now...

5. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Scribbler - Standard Member

6. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Pen Pal - Newbie

What happened the the fancy keyboard base that was at last years computex?

7. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

I really wish the reviewer would have gone into more depth and shown us a few things such as: The actual battery life read from windows 7, the hdd size, processor, general specs etc... I also agree that they should have kept the keyboard dock and i assume this will be an optional accessory.
    The keyboard dock was actually a big selling point for me because i use my tablet a lot in bed as a tablet and a laptop, the bluetooth keyboard and case holder just doesnt seem practical. I currently have a dell xt2 that i purchased a few weeks ago, that i love but would be willing to return it if things pan out right with this. One of the things i love about the dell xt2 is the brightness of the screen (I have the outdoor screen, I believe 400 nits?), So im curious to see the nit measurement of the ep121. I doubt it would be able to achieve a 10 hour battery life with a bright screen but who knows, the XT2 lasts 4-5 hours. Im also really curious about the graphics card, any speculations?

8. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone notice how this back looks nothing like the leaked pictured from earlier? Those pictures must be from the 10 inch version then.

Either way I'd be interested to see the battery life this gets. Anything over 5 and I think I'm sold.

9. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah i agree, i think im already sold. Im chomping at the bit, devouring every tiny bit of info i can get my hands on. I doubt it will pull 10 hours from a 4 cell battery, but anything over 5 is fine. Im just hoping they can also keep the price around 1000$. What do you all think? Can they offer all this at such a reasonable price? Some people said 1000$ is steep, those people are cheap and dont realized what this has to offer. Im expecting it to be 1200$.

10. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

I hope they reveal an expected battery life tomorrow at the press event, if not I'm going to be there at CES anyway and will be sure to make it the first question I ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.