ASUS T100 Gaming Impressions/performance

Discussion in 'Asus' started by MicroByte, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felart

felart Pen Pal - Newbie

what about Portal 2 ppl?

2. rushmore69

rushmore69 Scribbler - Standard Member

Dolphin unlike other emulators is GPU heavy. Net result is Dolphin plays very slow with Gamecube and really really slow with Wii games. Need a fast gpu and good cpu for Dolphin.

3. benroveno

benroveno Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow. totally impressed with its gaming performance. I already saw Microsoft Surface Pro 2 gaming performance. It's also awesome and can play Call of Duty game, although not in full graphics. but this Asus T100 on that aspect.

4. MicroByte

MicroByte Pen Pal - Newbie

Portal 2 Run great on the device at native. I can't remember what settings I had to use, but it played fluid enough at around 30fps.

Most Valve games seem to run perfectly fine on the device including LFD2 if you are interested.

5. KevinP

KevinP Pen Pal - Newbie

Tablet: Asus T100 (Atom Z3740 processor, 2GB RAM)

Games:

1. FTL Enhanced Edition installed on internal memory

Results: Full screen. 70-80 fps.

Verdict: Plays great.

2. Medal of Honor War Chest (GOG version) installed on external USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Results: 1024x768 resolution, all effects maxed, textures set to highest. 30-90 fps, mainly hovering in the 40-50 fps range.

3. Silent Storm Gold Edition (GOG version) installed on external USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Results: 1024x768 resolution, default settings. 30-40 fps zoomed out, 60 fps zoomed in.

4. Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box installed on external USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Results: 1368x768 resolution, Low settings, standard textures. 35-50 fps, mostly in the 40-45 range. Drops to 30 on crash cinematics.

5. Eldritch installed on internal memory

Results: 1366x768 resolution, full settings. 30-40 fps in the dungeons, 50-60 fps in the library.

6. Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 & Earned in Blood installed on external USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Results: Kinda disappointed with the performance here, especially after the results in other, newer games. They're really only playable at 800x600 and 640x480, but at those resolutions you can bump up the settings. 25-40 fps at either resolution. Any higher res dips into the teens quite often.

Verdict: Passable at lower resolutions.

6. ecs123

ecs123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you help test MapleStory??

7. Nex01

Nex01 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got the Vivotab Note 8 (Same specs as T100) and I'm surprised how it performs.
    I had the ME-400C before but the performance was terrible due to that PowerVR GPU.

Unfortunately most games aren't touch optimized and it's stupid to play with bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    I wish there was something like this for 8 inch tablets.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. alexb2611

alexb2611 Pen Pal - Newbie

But an XBox controller works fine. I've been meaning to mod a USB OTG cable and the xbox wireless receiver to make it a bit more convenient