Asus RMA Adventure

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Mrono, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Which ASUS service centre? could call their manager..as some of these front line people over zealous of themselves. Most of them lack computer, OS knowledge and trouble shooting skill, and they spoke from a script.

I had very bad experience with LG Canada on my brand new laptops 6 years ago. The service answer person did not even want to let me talk to his manager. however, I managed to find the phone extension of the manager and made a complaint.

Yes, got resolved ..

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm not sure which service center, I just called the Canada tech support line...however I will tell you this, the other person was fully aware of the specs of the EP121 (that it was a i5/Win7 machine, as opposed to cheap android tablet/phone).

In fact, I had an interesting argument over semantics:

Service Rep: 'only the EEE PC line is covered for shipping'.
    Me: 'the EP121 is also known as the EEE Slate'
    Service Rep: 'yes, slate devices are not covered'
    Me: 'but it is a PC and one of the most expensive members of the EEE line, surely it should be covered under like an EEE PC'
    Service Rep: 'It's company policy...'
    Me: Sigh...

@kamikaze
    yes it's b*s, but I'll forgive Asus this once, because despite it's flaws (and poor service) the EP121 really is still a great device...and I'm waiting for that Ivy Bridge refresh :)

3. Mrono

Mrono Scribbler - Standard Member

So i'm sitting on my bed last night and suddenly, my touch input stops working. I'm going to use it for a week or so to see if the rest of the issues show up again, but someone needs to inform asus that when they do repair problems, the issues don't go away. I'm going to call asus and not get off the phone until I have someone who can explain exactly what they did to my tablet, then apologize for not actually fixing it, then do something about it. (saying a manager will call me back doesn't count this time)

I spent $1,100 with this company, expecting to get what I ordered, and I will get my moneys worth.

4. CF77

I had only one instance losing touch input for the last 8 months. Reboot twice and problem disappeared. Not seeing the issue for the last 3 months.

Check your USB and driver power management, sometimes , some MS updates reset the power saving.

5. Mrono

Mrono Scribbler - Standard Member

After it happened I checked the power setting was on for the pen so I disabled it, getting the rest today. as I was getting ready to go home the BT keyboard stopped responding but sent all the commands to the computer soon as I hit the power button, so it may have just been lagging.

Does the wifi power setting change anything, I turned that off so hopefully the wifi doesn't drop connection then reconnect right away.

6. CF77

You have to check every USB hubs and lines for the power saving mode in your Device Manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.