Asus RE1 questions

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Zuljian, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuljian

Zuljian Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been reading reviews ab out this tablet, and I am interesting in purchasing it. I have a few questions I would like answered, before I make a purchase.

Usage: I will be using this for college, would this tablet be good for that use, or what?

Battery life: I hear that it gets 4-5 hours of battery life, is this actually true? Also will this amount be good for a college student?

Speed: how fast is this computer, and can it handle games; Warcraft 3, Diablo, etc?

Errors: What are the errors of this computer, and how bad are there? I've heard mostly about some type of "pointer" error, what is that about

Thank you, and I hope you can help me out,

~Zuljian

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

The issues i've heard about w/ this machine are battery drain, and static issues.

You might start out w/ 4-5 hrs, but that will quickly dimish. Take a look through the Asus forum here and see some of the issues that users are having.

3. kritzler

kritzler Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Zuljian. I have the R1E since Dec. 2007. Since now I never had the problem with the mouse pointer, my battery wear was at 4% when I last looked at it (I must say that I use it mostly for painting and office doings, so it is not running every day and not verry long). Battery life up to 4 or 5 hours would be great, but not with my R1E, I think I will get 3 hours with display dimmed and bluetooth and w-lan of, maybe 3,5 hours, never really tested it. I also have the 2nd battery module, which is good for an other 1,5 hour or so.

4. Zuljian

Zuljian Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your replies. So do you think this would be good for me as a college student? Also do they do on-site anywhere in the USA? How is it for gaming? I heard there isn't a touch screen for the tablet, is this true? Also gateway said that they have a problem to record a lecture and take notes with it, does the R1E have these features?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.