ASUS R2H available and just ?700

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PROPortable, Oct 23, 2006.

1. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

Asus R2H

Unfortunatly the big dissapointment is the 2H does stand for a 2hour batterylife. If it actually reaches that maximum it would still be bad and how likely is it that it will reahc that?
    Other then that this is a fantastic price for a UMPC and this one in perticular. Integrated GPS and two year waranty. Also at a price point €350 cheaper then the Q1 I think most people can stand a few discomforts and afford the extended battery (not yet announced).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Celemourn

Celemourn Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh, nonsense! That thing doesn't really exist! It's just an Urban Legend. Otherwise it would be displayed in the Products section of Asus' US website. ;D

j/k, but it really isn't there yet.

3. The Niles

I talked to someone from the shop today and he said they had not yet recieved a shipment but that according ot his records it should arrive at their warehouse today and be available in one to two days.

I'll keep everyone posted.

4. The Niles

The date Mycom claims the R2H will be in their warehouse has slipped to september 8th at the earliest possibly september 11th. I have ordered one and should be called when it arrives in the shop.

5. The Niles

They arrived in shops in the Netherlands today and I bought one. That's right I now have the ASUS R2H in home. More in a efw hours.

6. walterwilliam

walterwilliam Pen Pal - Newbie

I have one too. Does your R2H also lack the 1.3M webcam and built-in bluetooth? :(

7. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

The UMPC is the best option for you if you can only go upto €1000 but there is nothing wrong with them. For starts they are more mobile and you dont have to carry about 3kgs of weight with you.

EDIT: the other thread you had running The Niles opps sorry but I hope you understand what I mean about the above. :)

8. The Niles

Yep, I bought one and it also lacks the 1.3MP camera and the bluetooth seems to be AWOL. Couldn't care less about the camera but the lack of bluetooth is a big minus.

9. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I take it this is your blog?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

Asus originally announced two R2h models..... but I think there may actually be three options for countries to order. The US will get the model with gps, fingerprint read, bluetooth, and camera, however some models will be available with just gps and fingerprint reader and no bt or cam... and some will be available with none of the above. The only thing I could tell all of you is that the US is only bringing in one model and it will be the top of the line they offer.