Asus R1F wacom drivers in portrait mode

Discussion in 'Asus' started by demalion, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigafiend

gigafiend Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,
    I just recently got an Asus R1F tablet with Vista Business. I recently installed Flash 8 pro and was looking for pressure sensitivity. I found and installed the latest Wacom tablet PC drivers, which worked beautifully for adding pressure sensitivity to Flash but now my stylus isn't working in portrait mode.

The cursor seems to still read like the digitizer is in landscape, moving the stylus left and right moves the cursor up and down. This effectively makes it impossible to use the calibrator in the driver in portrait mode also.

Does anyone have this issue or know how to fix it?

thanks,

gigafiend

2. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a known bug in the 5.01-9 driver, I have informed Wacom of it, and they say they are working on a new version. this being said, someone on the forum reported having no problem with the 5.01-8a. it seems it is not available on the US site any more, but if you go on the European site, it is still there.
    http://www.wacom-europe.com/int/downloads/driver/driver.asp?lang=en
    Make sure to uninstall the 5.01-9 first.

If this does not work, you can try to follow the workaround install that I found for XP ( for which there was other problems), and see if it works. Procedure is posted here:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/show...?t=4518&page=5

Please report how it works, so I can keep feeding Wacom with the problems.

3. gigafiend

gigafiend Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you Scrambler,
    I grabbed that driver and will try it out when I get the chance. I did read over the xp fix in my searches earlier but I figured because it was an earlier driver version and the problems were a bit different that I would try that as a kind of "last resort". If this earlier driver doesn't work i'll give it a go.

Thanks again!

Gigafiend

4. gmaniax

gmaniax Pen Pal - Newbie

what about in Vista. Does the latest wacom driver work well? I wanted to get some thoughts before installing it

thanks

G

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would avoid using this latest driver for the time being gmaniax.

6. scrambler

Gmaniax, if you read this post, it is about Vista, and the latest (5.01-9) does not work in portrait mode. As I mentionned above, you may want to try the previous version (5.01-8a), or ask gigafiend if he had sucess with it.

7. mitso6989

mitso6989 Pen Pal - Newbie

@scrambler
    the workaround link you posted for XP isn't working. Do you have another link. I loaded the driver on too. Wacom suggested using the Cinique drivers. I'm trying that, but all other drivers don't work.

--Well I just did a system restore and got it back to factory settings. Arrrg! I feel like hacking wacom's site and taking the driver down myself.

8. scrambler

have you tried the 5.01-8a from the european site. Someone had reported having it working on Vista.

9. mitso6989

mitso6989 Pen Pal - Newbie

I would, but I didn't want Vista on my tablet pc, so I purchased an Asus Rf1 with winxp tablet OS. Soon you won't have a choice, and everything will go passive display where you can't touch the screen while writing on it with a pen or your the cursor will jump back and forth from your hand to the pen. Even with the event of passive multi-touch, you hand and the pen will both write at the same time. They'll eventually work out how to make a switch for acitve/passive, but I'm glad I got my laptop now.

10. scrambler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.