Asus R1F in Sweden...anyone??

Discussion in 'Asus' started by noskill, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi guys. I have been waiting for a month to get my Asus R1F and now I emailed the store I had placed my order with...and they say it´s going to be atleast a month more until ASUS delivers....is that for real????

Anybody know where I can get one NOW? I need it shipped to Sweden without the price going up too much...thanks.

2. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

Hehe ahh Sweden, my favourite country (seriously, I lived there for a year and have wanted to go back ever since...care to get married dude so I can get residency hehehe ;)?)! Unfortunately, I don't much like your chances of getting an Asus machine through unusual channels cheaply, particularly from anywhere outside the EU. There are also problems with differing accessories, power plugs etc. If you order from within the EU there are far fewer problems and free movement of goods should ensure that you don't have too many difficulties with price hikes. The trouble will be to find somewhere to order from...

3. yogi

yogi Pen Pal - Newbie

Tja storebror.
    Last week I attended a trade fair at the university of Jönköping where Asus displayed their R1F Tablet PC. I was a thing of beautify, minus the slight but not so disturbing wobble of the screen. I talked with their account manager, who ensured me that the R1F would be shipped to Sweden at the beginning of this week and arrive at the dealers at the end of the week. I have however not spoken with his since then and don't know how things stand.

However, it's my understanding that the dealers here in Sweden don't have a clue as to when the R1F will arrive. I believe that this has to do with the low demand of tablet PC's that exists in Sweden; the dealers don't feel a need to know whats going on. Oh well what do I know.....at least all dealers that I have talked to (nine of them, the only ones that at present will offer the R1F) all have contradictory delivery dates. My only hope is that this Asus rep knows what he is talking about.

I will probably buy my R1F from TDJ Data (http://www.tdjdata.se/). They seem to be the most reliable internet dealer with a reasonable price of 16,916 KR (2,310.20 USD) according to prisjakt.se.

You could also try http://www.dadata.se/, a dealer from Växjö present at the trade fair I mentioned. The R1F is not present on their homepage, was given a brochure with all the information. Speak to Jan Danngärde VD for dadata, nice guy, might have more precise information about availability. I'll make some calls tomorrow, don't know what good that will do...we will see.

Well, to be honest I'm starting to doubt if I'll get my hands on a R1F before Christmas:( .....and I really need one, as I'm writing my bachelors thesis right now.

4. Y26

Y26 Pen Pal - Newbie

if you need help sourcing the tablet, pm me and I can help you. There is about 3 units left.

5. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey yogi.

TDJdata is the company I have ordered from.

They told me the other day that it will ship around the end of November :O
    I´ll get back to them with what you said about next week and see what they´ll have to say.

Y26, where would you ship from?

6. yogi

yogi Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I have just talked to Janne at dadata, the fact is that the dealers in Sweden do not know when the R1F's will be arriving. The extranet page, which all dealers in Sweden have access to does not state a specific delivery date. So in TDJdata's case, they are just guessing a delivery date. However, this does not shed any light on delivery. One can only hope that the Asus rep mentioned in my previous post knows what he is talking about.

Just got this from another thread in the Asus forum:

check it out, I've contacted the company...waiting for their reply

7. noskill

noskill Pen Pal - Newbie

In other words, if I order tablet from Germany, I won't pay any kind of customs duty fees? Can you confirm this?

Also, can anyone translate their shipping page? http://notebook.de/popup_shipping.php

It would be way cool if you guys could update your status with your tablet order here... I'm also considering purchasing it and I'm also live in Sweden ATM ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. yogi

yogi Pen Pal - Newbie

just got confirmation from notebook.de. They do offer a Swedish keyboard. It will take three weeks though. They didn't way anything about the price, will inform you guys when they reply again. On the bright side, you get the 2GhZ processor with 4MB L2 cache and 20GB extra on your hard drive....if that's what you want:) And the price isn't that bad either, 1.949,00 EUR (17,966.79 SEK). Of course you have to take into account additional costs that may be related but 17,966 SEK is about the price you bay for the 1.83 Ghz R1F here in Sweden.

9. noskill

noskill Pen Pal - Newbie

Like what? I was under idea that moving goods is free in EU, so I won't pay any customs fees or whatever like that...

Ah, I want just plain English keyboard.

But still, javle bra! ;)