Asus R1F Battery Poll

Discussion in 'Asus' started by The Niles, Oct 11, 2007.

?

What's your current battery wear?

1. Yay! I have ZERO battery wear after at least 2 weeks of use!

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. 5%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 20%

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  5. 30%!!! OMG!!

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  6. More than 40%!!! Help!!!

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cecirdr

cecirdr Scribbler - Standard Member

When I originally answered this poll, I had 20% loss. It eventually went *way* over 40 percent because my tablet would shut down after only 15 minutes of use. I replaced the battery and things looked fine, but it appears that the second battery is also afflicted.

I'm wondering if most of the people with problems bought their R1Fs early on? I bought mine in October.

2. F-Ram

F-Ram Pen Pal - Newbie

I am starting to think that the early adopters are paying the price for this battery issue. I too have gotten onto the band wagon to get this tablet back in october. Am paying the price with battery problems and heat issues.

3. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thats an interesting thought - time for a new poll me thinks :)

4. francoisr

francoisr Pen Pal - Newbie

Real newby question. How do you calculate battery wear? Is it just using initial and current battery life (probably from memory :) or is there some tool to measure it?

5. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

There are certain programs that allow you to check battery wear. Notebookhardwarecontrol is one such program.

With 50% backlight and ballanced power management with the CPU on or near idle I am now getting 5 hours and fifteen minutes of life. This is an increase from 4 hours and fifty minutes.

This was after I installed the Microsoft patch for Vista that claimed to increase battery life. It appears to work in other words. I have not timed it fully but with some use it does look like I am actually getting that time.

6. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

That good news Niles :) - I'm presuming that is with the modular battery as well? And it seems like your battery is holding up as well (how long has it been since you last RMAed?)

7. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes that is with the modular battery. I RMA'd my R1F about two months ago. I have not done any deep discharges (with 5 hours battery life I don't need to) so I don't know if the root cause of the wear has been fixed. I'm not keen on finding out either to be honost. I'm just glad I now have a trully mobile Tablet PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.