Asus R1F battery life

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jdwilson, Jan 4, 2007.

?

How long do you think your battery life is now, after at least one month of use?

1. Battery life less than 1 hr 50 minutes

31 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. Battery life less than 2 hrs 20 minutes

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Battery life less than 2 hrs 50 minutes

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Battery life at least 2 hrs 50 minutes

16 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. My Asus is less than one month old

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

New battery has arrived and it starts off at 3:50ish and 0% wear level, after normal calibration (charge/discharge twice) as recommended, the wear level has risen to 9%, and the battery only lasts for 3:30 now.

I think there is a problem with almost every battery that they are producing or that these batteries have been around for a long time for this problem to occur in both the original and the replacement battery.

2. BornLoser

BornLoser Pen Pal - Newbie

This is extremely disheartening. I got my new R1F at the beginning of January, and I'm showing a 5% wear. :(. It doesn't seem as bad as some folks are reporting, but it's still enough to raise an eyebrow. Especially when my friend has had his Dell laptop for almost two years and is only showing 20% wear on his original Lithium Ion battery...

I'm also hesitant to send my battery back just to get another faulty one that I'll have to send back in another three months. Hopefully, Asus will notice that there is a problem here and fix it in the next few weeks while my battery is still capable of getting me through all my classes.

3. DustinGreen

DustinGreen Pen Pal - Newbie

My belief is that the more batteries we send back, the sooner Asus will see that we have a huge battery problem that they need to fix.

4. cecirdr

cecirdr Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm in the process of getting an RMA number to replace my battery. In 3 months I've gone from having 3 hours and 15 minutes of battery life to 2 hours and 20 minutes! (on the same setting of course and doing the same tasks...web browsing and word processing)

If I have to send the new battery back in 3 months, I will do it again. Eventually Asus has to find out what's going wrong with these batteries. Losing 1/3 of your battery life in 3 months is just not acceptable. I'm used to losing 1/3 of the life in a couple of years!

Ceci

5. BornLoser

BornLoser Pen Pal - Newbie

you make a good point when you mention that the more we send back the more they will take notice. I see all the people on this board that're talking about poor batery performance and it makes me wonder how many people that don't use this forum but have an R1F are experiencing a similar problem. Surely, Asus will realize very soon what it going on. After reading these last couple of posts I think I will RMA this battery in another month or so, when it is showing (what I'm sure will be) significant signs of wear...regardless of whether or not Asus is officially admitting there is a battery problem.

6. cecirdr

cecirdr Scribbler - Standard Member

...got my RMA number. It looks like I have to send the battery in first before I can get the replacement. Wow...lotta good my laptop is going to be in the interim.... I essentially only use it on battery power.

7. DustinGreen

When you get your email confirmation, call the number and tell them that you want to do a cross ship. You will have to fax them some information with a credit card number and a $10 fee that will be put back in your account after they receive the old battery. This way you are not without a battery. I think it is ridiculous that you have to do it this way, but until Asus figures out customer satisfaction you will have to do it this way. If I were you, I would also press them to pay for return shipping of the old battery. I ended up paying for that, but I didn't press for it. Let us know if they picked up the tab.

8. Synthesis

Synthesis Pen Pal - Newbie

Where do you guys go to get an RMA? I can't seem to find it on their website. And what do you guys think is appropriate for battery wear? I have like 10% and I've had it for almost 2 months now.

9. DustinGreen

You need to call up their tech support. You will give them your email address and they will email you instuctions about returning your battery. In that email you will be assigned an RMA.

10. Synthesis

Synthesis Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmmm I guess I will have to hit up their tech support since my battery supposedly just dropped another 5% since the first posting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.