Asus R1e

Discussion in 'Asus' started by chinesefireball121, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacman99

pacman99 Pen Pal - Newbie

an update on the situation:
    -store manager admitted that he won't be able to get a hold of the r1e until october. He put it on his website so that people who are planning to buy the r1f know that the r1e is around the corner and can make a more informed decision (aka false advertising lol)
    -he doesn't know the pricing
    -he cannot confirm that the new model won't have the same battery problems. In fact he was like "so you're ASSUMING the new model won't have battery problems? bad idea..."

so there u go :)

2. collegy

collegy Pen Pal - Newbie

Is R1E the most discussed unreleased tablet ever or what... ALL I NEED is to know about the battery. That's gonna determine to buy right away or to wait for next generation of R1F... I've done a huge amount of research over month to find a great tablet, and R1E tops them all. Powerful, fast, light, large screen and loaded with nice features... it's just sad to see problems with the battery. I wish buying an extra modular battery would fix the problem.

Anyways, I'm glad this threat got going with little news of R1E here and there, and I can't wait to hear from people who get their hands on it first.

3. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

^I think the modbook or the dell tablet is more discussed the the R1E ;)

If you are going to wait for the next generation asus tablet (the R1D?), well good luck for that. It probably won't come out for another year (similar gab between the R1F and the R1E).

BTW - the modular battery isn't affected by the wear problem.

4. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

Speaking of the modular battery...given that you would need to use it for pretty much any situation away from the AC adaptor, it makes it very difficult to use the R1* as a portable DVD player. Is it possible to connect the modular DVD drive to the system via a cable, so you can have both the DVD player and the extra battery? My old HP laptop (an HP) was able to do this with the modular drives, hence why I'm hoping it might be possible.

5. bmorison

bmorison Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Did you end up getting an R1F or are you hanging out for the R1E.

I have become more wary of the various quality problems that Asus are discussed so prominently in these forums. I am probably going to go for the T4220 because of the better reputation held by Fujitsu. The appearance doesn't worry me.

Laptop Authority can get it configured and ship it down under. They also have a good rep.

Good luck whichever way you go.

Cheers,

6. SweTrance

SweTrance Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like the Portuguese manual for the R1E is up on the Asus support page. Can't be long now.

7. desdamon

desdamon Scribbler - Standard Member

.: prays that it isn't plagued with problems :.

8. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I was hoping they'd drop the price to be more competitive with the Gateway C-140X. Anyway, they need to fix and extend their battery life. Their tablet should be capable of running at least 8 hours with both batteries and all battery saving settings enabled.

9. mrfettucini

mrfettucini Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have any good or bad feedback on the R1E yet?

I have an R1F that is plagued with overheating and short battery life. I'm thinking maybe if I get the R1E I could simply insert my old hard drive from my R1F into the R1E and retain all my programs and settings while relieving these symptoms, as most of the hardware looks similar and I shouldn't have too many issues with drivers. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

10. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

I suggest you look at some of the more current threads - there are a few that have "review" in their title

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.