Asus R1e

Discussion in 'Asus' started by chinesefireball121, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Asus fixing the battery problem would mean that they would have to admit there was a problem to begin with. That's not going to happen.

They also won't admit a problem with the headphone jack.

I suspect that they would fix the problem with the headphone jack in the R1E, but the battery problem is more widespread...the R1F is not the only Asus product with that particular problem.

I would suggest waiting until a few other brave souls get their R1E before ordering yours. Or you can do what I plan and wait for the Penryn mobile quad-cores coming in 2008.

2. pacman99

pacman99 Pen Pal - Newbie

I might still go for the R1E and leave the rest upto God hehe or get the Fujitsu 2010. The R1E seems to be more bang for the buck though. I called the store and they say they have it in stock....but refused to give me much information on the phone. They want me to be there in person *sigh*

3. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

ok go there and tell us what u see , please please

4. pacman99

lol i'm a bit confused now. The store is saying they have it in their warehouse...It seems they don't have a display model. Not sure if it's worth ordering anymore because I can't see the actual product. *sigh* I hate laptop/tablet shopping.

5. tycoon18

tycoon18 Pen Pal - Newbie

Im bit confused too about this how can they already have it when there is no information about it yet even on Asus website.

6. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

they don't have and they won't have it until asus produce it in their website and until now there is no plan to do this in this two monthes

7. pacman99

so basically they lie. *sigh* Now to find another notebook or tablet pc to buy. They're either too expensive, too heavy, or have low battery life.

8. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

no why you don't go to ASUS R1F with extra battery will be great and althow it's problem , I think R1 is best tablet in market now

9. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

^actually at the moment I would look at an older fujitsu model if you need something now that does have good battery life (especially if battery life is critcal).

They could have stuff in the warehouse, just so when it is announced on the asus website that there isn't a long wait until you can get your hands on the thing

10. pacman99

because according to pacific notebooks, the price difference between R1E and R1F is $25! The R1E even has a 2.0ghz processor. It's as if it has everything I wanted. Maybe out of curiosity I'll go that store and ask them when they could get me a tablet by. Otherwise I might just go grab a thinkpad T61 (non-tablet).

I find even the older fujitsu are priced as much as a thinkpad T61 so no point. At this point I'm sick and tired of notebook shopping and just want one to replace the laptop my dad took overseas and didn't return in time for school :mad:

I hope so...if that's the case and they're okay with releasing it before 2nd or 3rd week september, then I'd gladly make a preorder..i think heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.