asus R1E

Discussion in 'Asus' started by hamud, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

hi all,

did any one tray asus R1E driver and software with R1f ?? and is ATK driver for asus r1e works good with R1f?? and which better?

and in R1e dwonload page there is newer version for ASUS splinded and VGA and ..... ? may I install them ?

I want to know coz I have a problem with pen

(when i was using the laptop normally, at random times the crusor would just go to either the top left or bottom right corner of the screen and just continuously click there , and the same problem with pen ) does any one know how I can fixed it ????????????????????

please if any body try this and know about it tell us

and thanks in advanced

2. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes you can use at least some R1E drivers but I have not tried the ATK drivers yet.

Don't install the VGA for the R1E on the R1F as the Graphics chip is completely different. You can get the graphics drivers for the GMA950 from the Intel site.

Your pen problems should not be part of the graphics however. It should work out of the box as Vista drivers are fine of that. If you want to try, install the drivers from WACOM directly. I assume you have tried recalibrating the pen?

3. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks For your Raply!

please can you tell me which driver for R1e the works fine with R1f ??

and about the pen i did calibrating but same problem it's really very annoying me , the crusor will stop in the edges and now way to move it until i use the eraser to move it ,

4. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

I myself have installed the audio drivers for the R1E on my R1F but I have not tried any of the others.

You should stay away from the BIOS and the VGA for the R1E but I THINK (I don't know for sure) you can install the others.

Your pen problems are strange. Go here to find your specific Wacom driver if you have not tried it already. If that doesn't work I suggest you contact ASUS technical support. They might know more about the problem and if it should be a hardware problem they can tell you how to get it serviced.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

6. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

up up

7. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

What WTTIGRESS is saying is that he succeeded to solve the problem by reducing the amount of power the laptop uses.

The two ways he tried was
    1)Go to the Power options of the control panel, and try to set ir to low consumption mode, like Power Saver in vista
    2)Lower the brightness of the screen, so it it not at its maximum. Fn + F5

If any of these 2 solution solves the problem, then it means you have a hardware problem with the tablet, and you should have it fixed with Asus.

8. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

but a lot of people here had have this problem !! is that's mean all of them have Hardware problem ??

9. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

Probably, but different people could have different sources for a similar problem.

If it is a Software problem, Driver reinstallation should fix it. You said that installing the Wacom driver did not solve the problem, so it should not be a digitizer driver issue. The other driver that could be causing a problem is the Touchpad driver. Have you reinstalled the touchpad driver ? (you can download it from the Asus Support site)

If the touchpad has a hardware problem, desactivating the touchpad in the control panel, should fix the symptom, but it would mean you need to get it fixed by Asus.

Have you tried to reduce the Laptop power consumption by reducing the brightness and or selecting a power saving mode, and did it fixed the symptoms ?

If it did, as I said before then it is not a normal behavior, and there is a good chance something is wrong with the hardware. You can decide to live with it if the workaround satisfies you, but if your tablet is under warranty, I would recommend to have it fixed, because your hardware problem could get worse later on when you warranty will be over.

10. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks a lot for your reply ,

i will try and tell u

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.