ASUS Presents the World?s First WHQL Certified Notebook

Discussion in 'Asus' started by adamb78, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

Based on an email from this evening:

ASUS Presents the World’s First WHQL Certified Notebook
    R1 notebook series leads the way to the new Vista computing era

ASUS proudly introduces the R1 notebook series as the world’s first notebook to receive the Vista x86 Premium logo. that brings new computing and digital entertainment possibilities with the much anticipated Vista operating system. The victory is first but not least as ASUS works closely with Microsoft to prepare for a complete notebook line offering dynamic computing solutions for a brand new computing experience.

“This success was made possible by our dedicated team as well as the great support from our long-time partner Microsoft,” said Tony Chen, General Manager of ASUS Notebook Business. “We are confident to bring users forward with other innovations based on the Vista operating system while continue to stay one step ahead.”

“We are happy to congratulate ASUS for being the world’s first WHQL certified notebook maker,” said Thomas Li, Sr. Director, OEM department of Microsoft Taiwan, “We are excited to continue to work with ASUS to bring more new exciting innovations to users that will take the overall computing experience to another level.

2. mthode

mthode Pen Pal - Newbie

So does that mean that drivers are available for us now?

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

If it's WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) approved, it means that all drivers are supplied by the Windows Vista operating system; no user interaction is required to find those drivers, everything should work right when you take it out of the box, install Vista when it comes out within the next few months, and it's all up-hill from there. :)

4. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

Correct....... as SimsHsia said... all of the drivers will be included by Windows.

5. mthode

mthode Pen Pal - Newbie

good to hear

6. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

what about x64? isn't that supported?

7. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

So if the drivers will be provided by windows vista, why are people who have windows vista looking for drivers?? I am a bit confused.

Also what about x64 as reference to my previous question. Is R1F certified for that too.

thanks

8. pinky

pinky Pen Pal - Newbie

windows vista rc2 is still not final -> therefore not all drivers are integrated or even existing yet.

i'm only using the 64bit version of vista, and it seems as if there are the same drivers available out of the box as for the 32bit version...so i think the asus r1f will be fully functional with vista 32 and vista 64, without big need of installing drivers (except for the fingerprint software i.e.)

9. billba

billba Pen Pal - Newbie

Visa (and thus all its in-box drivers) RTM'd several weeks ago. I would guess the x64 drivers for the R1F needed a little extra work and will have to be updated via Windows Update.

10. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Vista is has been available via the Microsoft Developer Network for about a week. The drivers were not available on disk or through Update at launch. Vista will be available corporately on Thursday, so perhaps there will be more drivers available ( but I think not, since Asus would have updated their own support site )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.