Asus Finger Print software works on T4220

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by RazzNuts, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxcar

Boxcar Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't had much luck with getting the finger print software ( Omnipass ) provided by Fujitsu to play nice with Vista 64. Not even the x64 version as it seemed to only work sporadically for login. So I went on a little hunt for a replacement. I ended up with the Asus Fingerprint driver and utility. It can be found on the Asus website under Download/Notebook/R2 Series/R2Hv in category "Others".

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=R2Hv&SLanguage=en-us

* In order to use this software you must have the proper fingerprint driver installed on your system. I used winrar which can be found for free on download.com to uncompress the omnipass software. Then from device manager I pointed my fingerprint scanner at the uncompressed omnipass folder and told it to search for the driver. The nice thing about vista is you can point it at a folder with subfolders to search for drivers unlike xp which must be pointed at a specific folder. The version of omnipass I used came with the AuthenTec Inc. AES2501A 7.7.0.68 driver. The driver version shouldn't really matter as long as the driver works with Vista.

After the finger print sensor driver was found I installed the Asus finger print driver and utility software. It works great! You can register every finger you own as well as control how many fingers need to be swiped for access. This is much more secure then Omnipass.

Well I guess that's it. Hopefully this will help someone out in the future or at least give you another option to play with. Thanks for the great forum!

-Boxcar

Edit: Forgot to say it works with Firefox too:)

2. ThreeTwo

ThreeTwo Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you! I've been using Vista x64 for a while and had given up on the fingerprint reader working. By any chance did you find drivers to get the tablet buttons to work as well (FUJ02B1, etc)?

3. Boxcar

Boxcar Pen Pal - Newbie

I have everything working now except screen auto rotation by using the drivers provided by Fujitsu Europe if I remember correctly. Not sure why they are given more up to date drivers then we are in the US, but at least they're available somewhere. I went straight to Intel's website for my Chipset drivers and graphic drivers. The version listed in my device manager for FUJ02B1 is 1.23.0.0 which was released on 11/1/2006. The Fujitsu FUJ02E3 Device Driver I am using is 1.20.0.0 which was released on the same date as the other.

If you have a problem finding it on Fujitsu's European site feel free to PM me and I'll throw it on my server for you. I wish I could do it for everyone here but it would take my server down.

4. ThreeTwo

ThreeTwo Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh my gosh! Thank you for spontaneously sharing your discovery this morning! With your hints I was able to find all the x64 drivers I needed. I've lived without the tablet buttons & other stuff since installing Vista 64-bit a couple months ago. Why oh why aren't these drivers on the U.S. site in plain view? For those of you who were as lost as I was, here is a link to the x64 drivers I had been missing:

http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/drv_lb_vis64_t4220.html

It might not be the best or most appropriate set of drivers, but they work on my T4220, and I no longer have lots of unidentified devices.

Thanks again Boxcar!!

5. Boxcar

Boxcar Pen Pal - Newbie

LOL. You're welcome:) I lurk here quite often but like on most forums I don't have much to say after using the search button. Just glad I could finally give something back.

6. kelchm

kelchm Pen Pal - Newbie

hmmm. I might try this on my t2010... Omnipass has given me nothing but trouble.

7. angrygoatface

angrygoatface Pen Pal - Newbie

8. Boxcar

Boxcar Pen Pal - Newbie

It should work on all Fujitsu devices that use the same finger print scanner. Just wondering what your results were.

angrygoatface - LOL Thanks

9. adoucette

adoucette New Tablet User

Does this alternative fingerprint scanner also allow for auto-login to websites, like OmniPass does?
    OmniPass has been so slooowww at this...

10. Wookie

Wookie Pen Pal - Newbie

Amazing - i gave up hope until i found your hint accidentally. It works great on a T4210 and a T4215.
    the missing logon via fingerprint was a big disappointment for me, because my T4210 was sold as "Vista capable". The FSC-Support told me, i had too buy a cd with the new vista-capable logon-software *lol*.
    There must be a new version of the bundled software (Smarty SiCrypt), but i didn't find any webshop selling it.