Asus external graphics adapter

Discussion in 'Asus' started by comptechltd, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comptechltd

comptechltd Personal Confuser User

I read a while back that asus was coming out with an external graphics adapter that plugs into the express slot on the R1e or R1f. Any word on this or its availability???

Thanks,

Steve

2. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

I read that they withdraw XG station from market due to some driver problems. There is a similar MSI solution, anyway the concept seemingly is only compatible with XP.

3. comptechltd

comptechltd Personal Confuser User

Thanks Pibach,

I appreciate the quick reply. That bums me out. I remember probably 10 years ago, I had a toshiba tecra that had a dock that you could put an external graphics card in. Now it seems like there is no one doing it.

Steve

4. Blaze1248

Blaze1248 Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

yes, but the beauty of the Asus was that it does improve speed and resolution up to 2560x1600 with Dual DVI. Belkin lacks the Dual DVI and likely does not improve performance. So it is neither suited for gamers nor resolution enthusiasts (max 1600x1200) - but for those who want to attach a second external monitor. Unfortunately it also has no eSATA port to connect an external drive. And the express card is not compatible to the Thinkpad x60t/x61t.

Another option if you have a spare computer might be to use MaxiVista for remote display connection. Works over Ethernet or even wirelessly over WLAN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.