ASUS eepc T91mt Memory Disk Expander

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Tiffany in Texas, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany in Texas

Tiffany in Texas Pen Pal - Newbie

This seems to be a misnomer. It doesn't actually expand your hard drive space. My "C" drive didn't suddenly go from 32M to 64M when I inserted the flashcard. Instead it created an additional removable drive which it labeled "D".

Here is the problem. It is removable memory and therefore Windows 7 will not allow you to use it in your library.

It is not even an additional hard drive because if it was then you could use the library to include files stored there. Instead every time you have to save a file over there you have to push save on your program and then open your computer and then open your D: drive and then work your way down the hierarchy of the drive until you get to the file location.

Have I missed something. Is there someway to make this Disk Expander actually work like a hard drive instead of a removable memory storage location?

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

It's removable memory. It will not allocate to your C: drive because Windows is not built to work that way.

Unfortunately it is just a poor choice of words by the marketing department.

3. Chrisboff

Chrisboff Pen Pal - Newbie

4. whicky1978

whicky1978 Pen Pal - Newbie

You can also set windows to run backup on your files. I use the same device and run it backup everyday (Windows 7 only).

5. whicky1978

whicky1978 Pen Pal - Newbie

Will this program allow you to put the pagefile on the disk?

6. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

NTFS allows mount points in folders.
    If you want, you can make the contents of the card show up in a folder on your C drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.