ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Preview: Honeycombed

Discussion in 'Asus' started by hwzsgperson, Apr 14, 2011.

1. hwzsgperson

hwzsgperson Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. jimmy1

jimmy1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Got mine today and Its a nice device in hand, feels solid. Very bright screen but very very reflective (which I hate).

Sadly I didnt get a chance to enjoy mine as it is faulty, much to the surprise of the shop I purchased from. The screen keeps switching off on mine, touch an icon - switches off and this is running off of mains power. If I run off battery the screen wont wake using the power button so its going back to the shop. Shame.

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Where did you get yours?

4. RanceJustice

RanceJustice Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the preview! Right now, the market for the Asus Transformer is insane - Amazon Marketplace, Ebay, and even many vendors like ExcaliburPC etc... are selling the basic model - 16gb Transformer "A1", for $600+ USD. I've even seen one over 1000, capitalizing on the fact that there is some scarcity due to the Japan disaster!

To my understanding, the proper USD prices are as follows..

Transformer 16gb (-A1 model) - $399
    Transformer 32gb (-B1 model) - $499
    Transformer DOCK only (Keyboard,Battery, Trackpad etc...) - $150
    "Premium" package of Transformer 32gb + Dock - $650.

Right now Amazon isn't carrying them directly and even Newegg has a crappy return policy (replacement only), but I found that JR Music and Computer based out of New York, is selling them for the street prices listed above and accept refund returns within a month. I put in a preorder for both the 32gb and the Transformer through Amazon Payments, which JR accepts. Sadly, my Prime subscription doesn't work through most Payments vendors, but even overnight shipping was a very reasonable $20 USD.

Be wary of all the people trying to make a quick buck by capitalizing on scarcity and the misconception that the base model Transformer should be as expensive as the Xoom!

5. pgray007

pgray007 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just ordered mine from Amazon. Try nowinstock.com as it will show you who has a item in stock, the price, and also allow you to setup an email alert. Amazon seems to get them in (at a normal price) every couple or 3 days, and occasionally allows pre-orders as well.

6. liquidxit2

liquidxit2 Pen Pal - Newbie

If the lenovo android tablet flops or doesnt come to fruition this is the one I want for sure!