Asus eee note review, from an artist :)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by latinvixen, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi Latinvixen
    I did not see this information in your review: does the wacom pens of the EEE Note and the wacom pens of your tabletpcs are compatible?

2. Karimsays

Karimsays Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the review vixen, I'm pretty impressed by the eee note, its seems like the perfect sketch pad. And has way more battery life than a Tablet PC as well.

3. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Yup they're compatible.

As a matter of fact, if you are used to using the eraser end of the pen, it's actually supported on the eee note, but the pen that came with the eee note doesn't have it, probably as a cost cutting measure or to make the pen shorter to fit it in the silo.

Not latinvixen, but juz helping out here~ :D

4. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I use a Fujitsu Wacom pen with a felt tip on it. Works great.

note: the Wacom felt replacement tips are 'hard-ish' felt so the feel is not that much different than the regular nib, just a bit more friction and surface area.(YMMV)

I'm not thrilled with the supplied pen, although it's ok. Fortunately, there are many options available.

5. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

i actually prefer the felt on the eee note as i'm mainly drawing strokes and lines on the device. With the felt, there's more friction and hence a bit more control of the lines.

I normally use the default plastic nib when i need to paint, as it glides over the screen better...

6. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

thank you too.
    in fact thank you for all members of this forum.
    and much more thank you to administrators.

7. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Yes and the eraser works too :D

8. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Another mini review after having the Asus eee note for a few days.

I have to say that it has become part of my daily life. I do most of my note taking in it, I organize my to do lists in there, cross things out, write others in. I create notes for everything I need to do work wise and website wise. I write in all my customer info, emails, pretty much anything that comes to mind. I tag everything as well so the search features comes in handy. I upload most of my lists to evernote just to have an extra copy to be on the safe side and at the same time I can also print it. The battery life is a real pleasure. I sketch on this little device whenever I am waiting for food or relaxing with friends. Makes it really handy to take out and start drawing, such fun. it does not weigh much and looks like a book when you carry it around so no one really knows what it is.

After having it for a few days I can say I am very happy with my purchase. It fits in my sort of lifestyle very well. For the constant amount of writing I do be it for anything work related, art related and just to relax it rocks. I do use the pen that came with it but at times switch for the comfier tablet pc pen, plus being able to flip the pen and use the eraser comes in real handy.

All in all I give it 2 thumbs up from me :).

9. Joshua.Lamorie

Joshua.Lamorie Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, mine arrived today, but I'm having trouble connecting the WiFi. I have a hidden SSID on WPA2 and it can't seem to connect even when I check the 'connect even when broadcasting' (the second checkbox after the password entry).

Anyone else had success with WiFi connection to a hidden SSID on WPA2 Personal?

Update: I've tried it with a broadcast SSID and from the Eee Note tried WPA, WPA2 and AES and TKIP. Still no luck.

Update 2: It started working. Wierd.

10. bugmenot

bugmenot Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey you guys! I just bought an EA800 from pchome online (Taiwan) via Google Translator. That worked pretty well. I just have a quick question. I saw several videos with the English Firmware running. Is it possible to change the Language-Settings by switching to English or is it necessarry to flash an English ROM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.