Asus eee note review, from an artist :)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by latinvixen, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

<object style='height: 390px; width: 640px'><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aPgB1045AMU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aPgB1045AMU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width='640' height='390'></object>

Trying to get a closer look at how the pen responds...Wanted to do a closer closeup, but tat's as far as my camera allows, any nearer and the focus goes out of whack, sorry abt that....

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Great video!

I really wouldn't mind a few more controls for the pencils like you said. For now it will do just fine but would love more options for sure. I love the battery, don't really need to charge it that often ^_^

I am sure they will roll out a few more updates, we might see a few apps or something catered more towards the artist perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. Joshua.Lamorie

Joshua.Lamorie Pen Pal - Newbie

This probably means they are using the SPI mode for accessing the disk. It takes much less silicon.

4. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago from PChome. They have good deal on shipping- $20 global EMS, and they ship quickly. They seem like a good company. If you Google them, a lot of people use them for the Taiwan stuff you can't get here.

You can use firefox + Google Translate to figure out what to do. You also need Paypal it seems.

One accessory that I recommend for this device is a 5 LED book light, (Ritelite LPL792XLB 5-LED, $13 Amazon). . It's MUCH brighter than anything i've seen. It's so bright it's scary, but it's great for this thing cuz it really needs strong light.

light:

Amazon.com: Ritelite LPL792XLB 5-LED Computer and Book Light, Metal: Home & Garden

I've been using Wacom tablets and Tablet PC's for years and this device has pretty nice feel to the pen. You can draw small objects with precision. They did a great job with it.

Now if I only could get an English ROM for this I would be set. unfortunately, I've got a feeling it's going to be a while. But it's not that big of a deal with this device, as it's a graphic tool basically, and you can read you own literature in English anyway.

NOTE: BOOK LIGHT WARNING! Make sure you put some tape on the metal clip as the edges are really sharp and it will seriously scrape up your case. It's pretty sad they sell it like this, but the light works great.

5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

7. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

8. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

I just got a light the other day as well. Granted it does not have a ton of Leds just one and works fine in low light to no light conditions. I clip it to the case, pretty easy. The one I got was the same version that kindle use for their lights, just in another brand at radio shack. As long as the light has some sort of pose able neck it is really nice on the eee note.

9. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Mighty Bright Book Lights, eReader Lights for Kindle, Nook and Kobo, Craft Lights, Travel Lights, Music Lights

Those looking for clip-on booklights can take a look at offerings from Mighty Bright. After I got my Sony Reader, I was looking for booklights as well, and Mighty Bright is highly recommended in terms of the quality of their products. You can get them from Amazon.

PS: Pchome just restocked their Eee Notes, they have at least 10 units....

PPS: Took my eee note out 'for a walk' today. Sketched at Starbucks for an hour, fell asleep, woke up, found eee note asleep as well, continued sketching for 2 hours, read a few reviews about Sony's Nex-5 online. Used up like, 25% of the battery life?

10. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Gotta love a good battery :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.