Asus eee note review, from an artist :)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by latinvixen, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

I would do so if I had a working copy of one note. The one I had was just a trial on my toshiba m700.

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can use Windows Journal instead, which should be already installed on your tablet, it uses the same Ink API.

3. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

yah, my eee note arrived as well! feel is similar to that of a sony ereader. There IS a slight lag when drawing, sometimes the cursor moves as fast as the pen nib, sometimes it's playing catchup, but guess i'm nitpicking.

*One irritating thing is the cable to sync the eee note to the pc is actually a proprietary cable. It looks like a normal mini usb to usb connector, but it's not, the size is slightly different.

MY BAD, it's a Micro USB connector....

4. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Hmm I haven't really noticed it, but been drawing on it without an issue. Do tell me what you think.

5. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

No the usb is micro usb, I charge it with a variety of cables in the house. I even charge my evo from the cable it came with the note. So no just a typical micro usb connector.

Re tested it with a few cables here ;)

6. whazzup

The lag isn't tat serious, but it is there. Try drawing a horizontal line fast. But like i say, i'm nitpicking. It's PERFECTLY fine for a digital sketchpad. I'm finding it better to draw in landscape mode as i can grab onto the sides.

oops, thks for the clarification!

7. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Most of the newer gadgets as of late have switched from mini to micro now :D. At least it is an easy cable to find replacements of ^.^

8. Joshua.Lamorie

Joshua.Lamorie Pen Pal - Newbie

Well pchome.com.tw appears to be sold out now, but I've got a tracking number (EExxxxx...TW) for mine. Was able to track it with the Taiwanese postal service from the following link.

Welcome to iPOST

Can't wait!

9. whazzup

In my case i received the unit in Singapore 4 working days after I clicked on the Order button, hopefully you'll get it soon as well!

And some random observations:
    1) The thinnest line tat i can draw in the Eee note seems to be a 2-pixel width line, using the pencil tool. And in some parts of the stroke, the line thins to 1 pixel. Hopefully they can come out with a 'mechanical pencil tool' to allow us to draw even thinner lines....

2) They really need more options for the shades. 3 is seriously not enuff, more lighter grays needed...

3) When actively drawing, it takes around 6 minutes for the battery to drop 1%....600 minutes for 100%....no more panicking about battery life!! 1 major reason for choosing a eee note!

4) Eee Note's micro-sd slot isn't very fast, getting around 1mb/s transfer speeds, even with a sandisk ultra card.

10. whazzup

Some size comparisons:

Compared with Sony Reader PRS-600 and Kobo:
    [​IMG]
    By lxxxxl at 2011-01-06

Eee Note is around the size of 2 Sony Readers:
    [​IMG]
    By lxxxxl at 2011-01-06

Compared with 2730p (I'm guessing the EP121 will be around the same size as the 2730p...)
    [​IMG]
    By lxxxxl at 2011-01-06

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.