Asus eee note review, from an artist :)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by latinvixen, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshua.Lamorie

Joshua.Lamorie Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, they are selling quickly at global.pchome.com.tw. I managed to get my order in this evening and now they appear to be down to just 3 in stock. I guess 1 unit every two hours isn't the fastest selling rate.

How's the shipment to Singapore?

I've been watching the CES coverage at engadget, and was surprised to see no mention of the Eee note. I wonder if they are going to drop it and focus on the MeMo. Shame.

2. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

well, the last update was 1 1/2 days ago? status loosely translates to shipping in progress, still waiting for more updates...

guess they felt the black n white screen will not garner enough interest...as for the MeMo, they mentioned that there will be pressure sensitivity despite the capacitive screen, i'm interested to see how they pull it off....

3. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

My guess would be something similar to what tenone the makers of pogo were trying to make (they did a working one with ipad, while running their own program). Probably working in the way of the harder you push on the screen the more surface area the pen will touch creating more pressure.

Just a guess, really interested in seeing it as well :D

4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think I have read somewhere that MeMo will be powered by Wacom.

5. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Not as far as the info was online. It says capacitive screen with a special capacitive pen that can simulate it. Meaning the pen probably does not end at a point, so it will look like most of the ipad/iphone pens. Stubby and hard to control.

6. thierryb

I could have made a mistake with all these announcements. I will try to pay attention, because I am also interested by the MeMo, for me and or my children.

7. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

If the screen turns out to be halfway decent for painting I will pick one up too :)

8. Joshua.Lamorie

Joshua.Lamorie Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been using a home made capacitive stylus with the Autodesk sketch app on the iPad. It's the best thing on the iPad, but the only way to draw anything with detail is to pinch zoom to 200% or 300%.

And wear gloves.

The penultimate app is not too bad, but I feel like I'm writing with white board markers.

9. thierryb

No way with an iPad. My brother loves Apple and wanted to show me that he can write with a pen, like me on my TM2. But he was able to write 2 or 3 words when me on half of the screen of the TM 2 I would be able to write this post. Yes, they can with IPad, as we can touch with Windows TabletPC.

10. thierryb

Latinvixen, can you try to copy past not image but content of what you write on the EEE Note to OneNote and tell us if OneNote can index, convert, search and find text? Can we mix usage of EEE Note and Onenote for text?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.