Asus eee note review, from an artist :)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by latinvixen, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshua.Lamorie

Joshua.Lamorie Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the review. I have a contact in the south of Taiwan, but they were unable to find one in late November. Yahoo's online store was selling them, but only to people with a Taiwanese ID card. Do you know where your Taiwanese helper found it?

The PChome link that someone else posted looks promising, but I have one last question.

How is the Evernote sync coming? I am a heavy Evernote user, but I would like to know whether the Evernote sync they mention is uni-directional or bidirectional? Any chance you could post a couple of screenshots of the Evernote parts of the interface? (I have a little bit of chinese. I studied in Tainan a bit.)

Thanks a bundle.

2. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Will do once I download some pdf books and test it :).

3. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

As for evernote it works well. When you create a note you have the option to upload the whole section of notes (was not able to do one individually but the whole section of them at once). It took about a minute to do 7 pages I needed to upload of sketches so not too bad.

I can post screen shots showing how to do so. Just make sure in the settings you type in your evernote name and password. The eee note remembers it so sync with ever note works. It took me a bit to figure it out as I was unsure where to go, being I am guessing a lot as I cannot read the language ;).

4. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Oh fantastic find! I can show this one to a few friends that want one now. Thank you :)

5. Joshua.Lamorie

I've tried the global.pchome.com.tw site a few times, but it never seems able to get the details of the purchase information to paypal and the whole process grinds to a halt.

Anyone else have some luck?

6. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

oh?

i paid for my purchase using paypal as well from the site, using chrome. But the delivery is to Singapore, so not sure whether it'll make a difference...

however, it's been a day since i paid, and the order status is still 'under processing', so will see how...

*status changes to 'shipped' after a day of confirmation....

7. Joshua.Lamorie

And what about the other direction? Is it possible to download notes from your evernote account to the Eee note?

8. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

I don't think so, I think it is only one way. I will tinker some more and see.

EDIT:

Ok evernote only works one way with this one. From the eee note to evernote, but you can't download stuff onto the eee from evernote. The evernote app doesn't really exist in the eee note. It is more of a button that asks you do you want to upload this to evernote and that is it.

9. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

sigh, guess eee note was not meant for the big time at CES. Not even a slight mention....

10. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Oh how odd, they were all the rage at computex last year. Maybe that means it might not hit the US market?

Their Memo tablet seems interesting, but not happy they scrapped the wacom on it and went with capacitive for the pen. Interested in seeing it work, but love wacom too much :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.