Asus eee note review, from an artist :)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by latinvixen, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

Supports pretty much any format. PDF, text files, and a few more things. Really easy to add books as well :).

2. skoster

skoster Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it's more that most reviewers are stuck in the current paradigms. You looked at it and said "Hmm, I wonder what it's good for" while they looked at it and said "Hmm, it's not a good eReader/iPad competitor/whatever"

For me, sadly, it's close to perfect but the screen size makes it useless. If they would change absolutely nothing but the screen size it would be perfect for me as a clinical note taking device. Instead, they're going to make the 121 with a color screen, Win 7, all sorts of bells and whistles and this will all drop the battery life and raise the weight to unacceptable limits. :/

3. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

Indeed, I read one reviewer (or rather a commenter) whining about the battery being 13.5 hours instead of 2 or 3 weeks like other e-readers. Mostly I think people have been spoiled by the iPad and Kindle.

4. DaEvil1

DaEvil1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just thought I'd drop in and say: Great work!

As a student (as well as an amateur artist) this seems brilliant for sketches and note taking. I'm still holding out till CES (4 painful days left.) where ASUS hopefully will announce relase dates in Europe. But if it isn't coming in january, I might need to get myself a Taiwanese friend as well...

5. skoster

skoster Pen Pal - Newbie

6. plebianJay

plebianJay animation monkey

Thanks for posting that! It looks like you get a little bit of pressure stepping on the thinnest strokes, bit I get that on my tablet PC too.

This just might make a great take anywhere digital sketchpad! Hopefully they get it released here in the States soon. The price sure is good for getting a wacom digitizer.

7. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

well, was goin 2 wait for CES this weekend to see what asus will say abt the eee note, but the impulse proved too strong.....

now waiting for my unit to arrive as well....with a craned neck and a lightened purse....

8. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

If you need help with any of the chinese menus I can help you for sure :)

9. whazzup

oh, do note tat for ebook reading, taiwanese users have noted that there're at least 4 issues:

1. some pdfs have a big empty space around the text. eee note doesn't resize the pdf to fit the display.

2. there's no landscape mode.

3. if the file's in epub format, there seems to be no way to enlarge any pictures within properly.

4. if one needs to search for specific pages, it's very hard because currently you can only search using percentages. and in the case of an ebook with thousands of pages, a 1% jump will result in an overshot of a large number of pages.

so users who need the ebook reading function, you might wanna wait a bit to see if asus updates the eee note's capabilities in that regard.

@latinvixen maybe if u can find time, u can try to do a couple of tests on this. thanks in advance!

10. whazzup

and, for those interested in getting one BEFORE asus releases it in the states, you can get it from this taiwanese online store:

PChome¥þ²yÁʪ«¡mASUS Eee Note EA-800(4G,¶Â)¡n

shipping to US is at USD20, a bit steep if one's accustomed to amazon's free shipping, but it gets you the early bragging rights....;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.