Asus eee note review, from an artist :)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by latinvixen, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshua.Lamorie

Joshua.Lamorie Pen Pal - Newbie

still having problems with WiFi... has anyone had guaranteed repeated success? What configuration on the network are you using?

It seems I have to reboot/reset the device each time I want to connect.

Anyone had problems uploading notes to Evernote that are 20 pages long?

2. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

I connect to it without an issue, even connected with it to a free wifi at ihop. It stays on for me without an prob, I do have a password on my network and it asks it once and it ends up saving it (when it's connecting to your network it takes a little while at first, almost looks like it won't connect then it does). As for evernote, i have uploaded almost 20 pages and no issues here. At times it says evernote failed so a wait a few mins and try again.

3. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

i could be wrong, but i only saw 1 antenna cable inside the device, so tat could be a reason why its reception isn't very good...

4. scribble

scribble Pen Pal - Newbie

It's sold out on PChome :(

Is there a compareable ereader out with this "sketchability", does anyone know?

5. whazzup

hmm? I just tried adding 1 to the shopping cart and it works, it's still available for sale...

6. scribble

scribble Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, i see too, now they are avaible again. Bah, have anyway to charge up my paypal first.

How where they send? UPS or something? I'm from Switzerland...

7. DaEvil1

DaEvil1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Two alternatives for how they send it:

1: They send it with their national/local postal service which again have a deal with someone sending packages internationally (like UPS or DHL or something.) Which again ships the mail to the relevant country.

2: They send it directly with an international postal shipping service such as UPS, DHL or so on. Which basically just skips the first step.

8. whazzup

i tink no. 1 is the case. Taiwanese Post, then to (in my case) Speedpost Singapore...

9. Android Guy

Android Guy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, I got tired of waiting on Asus and just ordered my EEE Note yesterday!! I'm excited. Thanks for all the GREAT videos and info!

3 quick questions (I've been looking all over and can't find the answers anywhere):

Several reviews talk about the importance of calibrating the pen. How do you actually go about doing that. I don't see that option in the screenshots that I've seen.

I'm also not clear on how the password protection works. Are you able to protect just the notes or does your password apply whenever you turn your device on.

Finally, is there a way to do a factory reset if I somehow screw something up?

10. DaEvil1

DaEvil1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Time to revive this:

I recieved my Eee note in the mail today, so I've been playing with it for a few hours. So far it's about what i expected from it as a tablet device.

However, I am unable to get the pressure sensitivity to work on Windows 7 when in tablet mode. That is somewhat depressing, so I wondered if anyone experienced this or has a solution to this. As far as I can understand I installed the drivers that were supplied on the eee Note (clicked on that unpacking icon which mentioned "wacom", and installed the software along with some wacom drivers.) So right now I'm at a bit of a loss :\

EDIT: After searching the web a bit. I found that people who had the same problem managed to have the pressure sensitivity work in the windows side panel that you get when you use a tablet. I tried it, and sure enough, it worked on mine as well. However it wont work in neither Photoshop or Gimp which is very weird...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.