Asus Eee Note, a peek within....

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by whazzup, Jan 12, 2011.

1. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Pencil is an drawing app found in the qt-apps.org website, is there a possibility of porting that to eee note?

2. wahaha432

wahaha432 Pen Pal - Newbie

Pencil uses Phonon multimedia framework, which is missing from current SDK and EeeNote, but can be added.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

4. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

5. shokley

shokley Pen Pal - Newbie

What about an email client on our EEENote? Did you tried this yet?

6. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

for my own purpose, I've written a small program to merge freehand annotations and bookmarks (comments) made on the Eee Note to the corresponding pdf as layers and comments "Free PDF Annotation Merger for Eee Note v0.2.1" (.NET 3.5, Windows).

It is a first version that I've tested with several PDFs. To use the program, just download the program, make a backup of your Eee Note with ASUS Eee Note Sync, start the program, select a PDF file in the backup and select the output. Then simply click merge.

I hope it is useful to you.

TheTwo

7. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi TheTwo,

It's nice to see another .NET programmer here.

I have added your PDF Merger to the FreeeNote.org downloads site. I hope you don't mind.

I have also added the source code for my NoteBuilder and UpdateClient software. It should be available here:
    http://freenote.peterbarrette.com/pages/downloads.html

pb

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  8. Ragnor

Ragnor Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried this on a Windows 7 x64 machine and can't get it to work. Tried Run as Administrator, compatibility mode for XP SP3, neither worked. The program runs, allows me to choose the input and output files, but clicking on Merge just greys out the window for a second then it returns. The output file is created with 0KB size and the program retains the lock on the file (trying to delete gives a file in use error). Closing the program changes the size to 1KB (actually 15 bytes by the looks) but the PDF fails to open.

9. mp035

mp035 Underacheiver

10. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

i will test the program on a Windows 7 x64 machine at the weekend. It is important that the dll is in the same directory as the executable. I think that it could be a rights problem in Windows 7.

Can you tell me, which folder has been your target?

Thanks for the reply,

TheTwo

Edit: I've tested the program on my Windows7 x64 machine and everything worked. Maybe ASUS has changed something with the backup mechanism. Im using the newest version of Eee Note Sync (English), but have an older italien version of the fimware (not the newest TW version).

My tool looks for a relative path from the PDF to the remark and bookmark file (asusebook\private\<pdf_name>_<##>\). Do you have the same structure in your backup?

TheTwo

Edit2: I think I have found the problem. In my cases every time the bookmark file exists, but it is missing if no comments were added to the document. I will publish a new version this weekend.