Asus Eee Note, a peek within....

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by whazzup, Jan 12, 2011.

1. vinillum

vinillum Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't, unfortunately... QCop just sends a message that screenshot must be taken and that screenshot-app has a receiver, which also initiates busy icon, unfortunately...

2. vincenzoml

vincenzoml Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, how are you cross compiling things? Do you have any documentation or links?

3. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

I've ordered an Asus eee Note from Italy and like to convert the language to English. I've tried to switch the language by changing the sys.config, but the language stays Italian. A second backup showed that the sys.config is set to [language] default=en, but the language doesn't seem to be included in the Italien firmware.

The fimware version is 1.0.5_82; time stamp: 04. Jan. 2011.

Is it possible to change the language by flashing a new firmware or is there another trick with the Italian version of the eee Note?

Thanks in advance
    TheTwo

4. mp035

mp035 Underacheiver

5. jeje

jeje Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the great work on the Note... The hardware is Ok, but the software still has some way to go to mature.

I converted all my PDFs in epubs and uploaded them on the SD. Just to notice that I have the same issue that I had on the Iphone long time ago: no folder structure for the files in the Reader.
    In my case I have around 800 files and they are already structured in folders on the SD card. And it is a pain to find anything, they are all just presented flat in alphabetical order... good luck browsing 7 at the time.
    Is there a way to add a structure to the Apps? Not only Reader, but all of them are missing this feature.

And on the hardware side, my question would be: the contrast of the screen is bad, nothing close to what it is on the ASUS website's pictures. What is supposed to be white is in fact a grey - if you put the device next to a sheet of paper, the difference is visible. I know this is not a reader, is a notepad. I wish to use it for reading too, don't like to have a lot of devices with me.
    Is there a way to do something? I assume no, but worth asking. Is your EEE having the same poor contrast, or just mine? Did anyone ever removed the anti-glare screen? Might this improve the contrast - with the cost of glare, of course?

6. vinillum

vinillum Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is my first attempt at porting applications: Alternative browser "Lighweight2", which is in portrait mode (hooray!) and supports tabbed browsing... I couldn't change window title, but at least it works... http://www.freefilehosting.net/fullinstall

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

posting this from Lightweight 2 now. I must say it's wonderful getting portrait mode and tabs. Are these linux apps? one other thing i realize is the 'Return' key doesn't work when i want to start a new line when writing this message.

8. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Also, some questions:

1) Is there a browser tat can be ported with built-in support for touch/stylus based browsing, like the grab n drag addon for firefox?

2) what does it take to port applications to the eee note? In terms of time and effort needed.

9. wahaha432

wahaha432 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just found this site: qt-apps.org

A catalog of many qt-based applications, many should be portable to EeeNote

10. l1q1d

l1q1d Pen Pal - Newbie

What about android porting?
    I succefully work on porting android on windows mobile phone (vogue/kaiser/polaris) and next week my ea-800 will arrive.
    But before i start working on this port i need to know if someone tried to compile and use a different kernel and initrd.