ASUS customer service

Discussion in 'Asus' started by deepak, Nov 6, 2006.

1. tkinsley

tkinsley Pen Pal - Newbie

So, I called to explain my problem with the landscape/portrait button, the pen button, the fingerprint reader, and the TPM....
    there was a teeeeeny bit of a communication problem initially (I am not completely fluent in tech-speak) but they are sending out a shipper now for me to return my unit which they will replace...at least that is what I understood. At least, the items that were a problem will be functioning.

It is very strange to me that the landscape/portrait button did work the first time after I repaired the OS... and then went back to no response.
    Oh well. I will miss that little tablet of mine, even if it doesn't work the way it's supposed to work. They say 5-10 business days to receive and work magic then reship... so if this all goes as stated, count me a very happy customer.

TK

2. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

true happened to me too. after some issues with my unit just a couple of days after receiving it, i had to restore my computer on sunday. after restore sometimes my landscape/portrait button won't work also the screen wouldn't rotate automatically. after a lot and a lot of trial and errors and restores and uninstalls i figured out that in my case msn messenger was creating problem but then after windows updates and microsoft updates the problem was solved. that was strange, took me an entire day to solve the problem!!

also about the fingerprint reader, i find that the made is very crappy. the two plastic things on both sides of the reader are coming off because they are just held there by glue!!! at least they should use better glue!

also my OS froze everytime i started the computer on battery power. so this was also a reason for me to restore my computer to factory settings. there was also another software issue, everytime i start my computer it gave me a error in windows, forgot what it was.

after buying this computer i am running into a lot of software issues. software issues are the last thing i want to deal with cause they are so hard to figure out. otherwise everything else seems alright.