ASUS customer service... not happy

Discussion in 'Asus' started by fopetesl, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkinsley

tkinsley Pen Pal - Newbie

Heads up--

I have a few minor issues with my Asus R1F that, after spending appx an hour with tech support and overcoming our language barrier, were determined to be enough to merit an RMA.

That was over a month ago.

I've sent several follow up emails with the relevant information and the case number and have received NO REPLY. Nothing. I suppose I should call but I don't have the extra time to sit on the phone and attempt to communicate the problem to whomever picks up the other end.

I am extremely unsatisfied with the customer service I've received thus far, namely none. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to proceed? I may just sell this thing and buy a thinkpad X60. At least I know Lenovo/IBM actually provides problem resolution and doesn't ignore the customer.

Tina

2. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

when did u email them? they closed up for christmas on the 22nd. They won't be back until the 8th of jan.

I've had the exact opposite experience as you. I've never had better support than from Asus. One of the service engineers in china is going to make sure that everything is taken care of in my country.

This is the guy who i've been in contact with.

andrew_hao@asus.com.tw

But as I said, they will only be back on the 8th.

3. tkinsley

I have emailed them several times over the past month, the most recent of which was last week, the first more than three weeks ago.

I am not even getting a courtesy email to tell me they will follow up w/in 48 hrs. It's very frustrating. Thank you for the contact; I may use him. Or I may just sell it and buy a different model. I am that pissed.

Tina

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Again Tina.... they are closed until the 8th January.
    As such you won't receive a reply on the normal liaison line and email until after this date.

5. tkinsley

January 11th--

AND NOTHING.

I sent a brand new friggin email, also. There is no excuse for this.

6. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's too bad. The optical drive on my system was DOA but I got in contact and had the problem resolved PDQ.

What kind of problems are you having with your R1F?

7. BornLoser

BornLoser Pen Pal - Newbie

Also, who was your reseller? Is it possible you could email them and get some sort of help. I know they couldn't fix the problem for you, but the reseller probably has alot of experience with Asus that could help you out...like maybe the name or number of a contact at ASUS that could speed the process along?

I know this seems like a shot in the dark, but it may be worth a shot.

I hope your issues get resolved soon.

8. fopetesl

fopetesl KnuckleHead

I have to agree: ASUS service sucks!! :mad:
    My mobo (OK, not a tablet but still ASUS) failed over a month ago and since the retailer I bought it from
    has gone out of business I have repeatedly contacted (& re-contacted) ASUS service about getting a replacement:
    http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techmailstatus.aspx?ID=WTM20070218140156483
    but I get only "have a nice day" responses from ASUS 'rep' Sky_Lui -- if I get any at all. :eek:

Looks like bin it and buy MSI :(

9. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's like there is missing messages in that thread and Sky had a hard time getting information.

10. fopetesl

fopetesl KnuckleHead

Well spotted alpha. Just why the "retailer out of business" mails aren't listed .... ?? Ummmmm. . . ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.