ASUS Available as Pre-Order in UK

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PROPortable, Sep 22, 2006.

1. kebedom

kebedom Pen Pal - Newbie

Here are some details emailed to me from Asus..really helpful guys.
    ASUS R1F Series

Centrino Core 2 Duo Tablet PC

Display 13.3" (WXGA, Colour-Shine) Resolution 1280 x 800

Intel New Centrino Core 2 Duo CPU T5600 1.83G

RAM 1024 x 2 MB DDR2 667 DRAM Standard (max. 2048 MB)

n Intel 945 GM embedded VGA

SATA HDD 100 GB 5400rpm

Slot-in DVD Super Multi Double Layer

Modem 56K V.92 - Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 integrated - Intel PRO/Wireless 802.11a/b/g - Bluetooth Modul v2.0

1 Express Card, VGA Out, 3xUSB 2.0, 4-in-1 Card Reader (MMC/SD/Memory Stick/MS-Pro)

Li-Ion Battery 6-Cell 5200mAh / 1.98 kg Weight / 317x 232x 35mm / Support 2nd HDD or 2nd Battery

Model No: R1F-K009T
    13.3" TFT (WXGA, Colour Shine) - Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo T5600 (1.83G, 64bit) - 1024MB(512x2) DDRII SDRAM - SATA 100GB HDD(5400rpm) - Slot-in DVD Super Multi - Intel 3945ABG WLAN - WinXP Tablet - Fingerprint - TPM 1.2 - Stylus - Traverl drawer - Bluetooth - 6 cell battery

They advised me the units should now been in the UK with distributers, awaiting dispatch to the re-sellers who are:

http://www.nexus13.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=310&idproduct=905 - Now on website for pre-order, discoutned price and freebie
    asuslaptops.co.uk - will put on website when certain of delivery date, will price match
    in Store in London at Platinum Solutions, Tottenham Court Road- Have spoken to these guys as yet.

Check it out, will be placing an order myself v.soon.

A great weight tablet pc with a good screen size, ideal for me a uni student:eek: :eek:

2. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

Are Asus computers typically customiseable? If not I still like the specs, but a bit more choice would be nice. (Like a higher frequency CPU for that 4MB cache)

Ya, 13" Widescreen is really pretty much perfect. Not too big, not too small.

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

US$2315.00

Pricey.

4. Dave

Dave Pen Pal - Newbie

Been waiting for this laptop for a while and i've now ordered it from Nexus 13. Will let you know when it ships and any other info i find out :)

5. yogi

yogi Pen Pal - Newbie

Been waiting soooo long for this tablet to be released. First I thought about getting the TC4400....then the fujitsu t4210 came (not that impressed with the reviews of it) and now the Asus R1F. I have such high hopes for this machine. It's crazy, I check this site 6-9 times a day hoping that the price and release date will be set. The thing is I really need to get a tablet for college (which has already started here in Sweden). I just don't know how long I can wait to get my first tablet!!! Either the Fujitsu or the Asus, but I'm hoping that te Asus will be the better choice.

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As you are a UK customer I honestly do not understand why you are saying you are not impressed with the reviews of the T4210.

I have said time after time, there are two sources of the T4210; the US, Canadian, Australian and Asian done by Fujitsu.
    The other supplier is the European market done by Fujitsu Siemens.

Where members have voiced concerns is with the non-European T4210.

I can honestly say that the Fujitsu Siemens T4210 is a faultless and superb tablet.
    Not a thing can I find wrong and nor would I expect there to be a case.

7. yogi

yogi Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry about that...must have missed that. So there is a difference between the non-European and European T4210. Is the screen grainy on the indoor/oudoor screen on the european t4210? If not, I will have to take another look at the T4210.

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There is a visible amount of graininess on the indoor/outdoor but that's designed that way to reflect sun rays.
    To be honest, it does not worry me and what differences there is you soon get used to it.

The only time you really do notice it is when you place the tablet next to a laptop that has something like 'Superbright' screen technology.
    Only then do you realise that the compound make up of a tablet really does suffer in order to protect the screen from it's bumps, nudges, pen and being out and about.
    Such is the trait of a tablet.

9. mbagga

mbagga Pen Pal - Newbie

10. Dave

Dave Pen Pal - Newbie

I emailed Nexus13 yesterday and they replied today. According to them the R1F is going to be arriving next week!