As School/College is about to Start..

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by P8RSON, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

As all the student start back to school or college they really want to know what Mobile computing equipment should they get. Either a Laptop(Notebook) or Tablet PC. Well first its not a guesting game or pick one out of the hat.

Thing to note when desiding to get a Tablet PC or Laptop:-
    1. What is the system for? (Is it going to be use for coursework or gaming or both with gamming being more).
    2. Does your course require you to have good grahics? (If not there is no point going to buy a Tablet PC/Laptop which has the lastest moblie grahics card in it, just go for one that has a Intel grahics card in it).
    3. Would you be taking it to school/college every day for all your classes? (There is no point going for a Tablet PC/Laptop that weights a ton just because it looks nice. If it does the job - take it).
    4. What Spec of system do you want or require? (Hard Drive size, RAM, Screen size, Network - RJ45 or wireless, Grahics RAM, Optial drive - DVDRAM or DVD/CDRW)
    5. If you require any help with this you could talk to your tutors or ask here on the forums.

2. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

I doubt any school would require you to have a heavy duty graphics card for course work. Heavy work would just be outsourced to a school computer most likely so I don't think there's much point investing in a good graphics card unless it's for personal use (gaming or 3d design). Of course it's not like you have a choice when it comes to tablets...

3. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

Well School as in high/senor years. In the UK we call it 6th Form and you can do Higher levers of education. And if you read it right I did state "2. Does your course require you to have good grahics? (If not there is no point going to buy a Tablet PC/Laptop which has the lastest moblie grahics card in it, just go for one that has a Intel grahics card in it)." and it was aimed at College students since thats what most people are stating what they are.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Boy.... things have changed so much since when I was last back at school in the mid-sixties.
    Granted, computers were not even invented for the public (heck we didn't even have coloured TV) but what surprises me the most is the very fact in just how much is available in material things.

Todays scholars have so much tools available... it's a minefield (or mind field).
    Wayyy too much pressure..

I'm so glad a pad of paper, biro, set of coloured pencils, an erasure and a dictionary was the max.
    Ohh and the obligatory cane that the headmaster used to dish out... Often may I add.

OUCH!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.